Print Thread
#73524 03/03/04 10:15 PM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
heyas

82.Changed switchbar "sort buttons" behaviour. Buttons are now always sorted into groups. However if the sort option is turned off, they are sorted according to creation time within groups as opposed to alphabetical sorting.

i disabled the sort option in
Options->display -> "sort buttons" (disabled)

but still, my windows are sorted by groups smirk
i like the group sort option, but for some things i like the wayi used to have my windows,
custom window then channel window, then custom window, then dcc then channel window again
this is not possible anymore, as far as i see.

is there a way to have the "default" creating order sorting?

Regards

CAE

CaeSpock - DALnet
#73525 03/03/04 11:35 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You can also play witht he sorting via the Windows>>Sort... menu. Try fooling with that, and see if you can get the default order.

-KingTomato
#73526 04/03/04 12:51 PM
C
OP Offline
C
didnt work smirk
in fact i was just told that there is no way to get a "non-group" window order
the less is a order by open time, but they are grouped, ordered by group smirk
so a ...
custom window -> channel window -> custom window -> channel window -> dcc -> message -> custom window -> channel window
is no longer possible

nice smirk GRR

might go back to mirc 6.12 smirk

CaeSpock - DALnet
#73527 04/03/04 12:58 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you sure this new group order isn't something you'll eventually like and get used to?

Personally, I'm happy now that all of my query windows and custom windows for notices and other statistics are pushed over to the right, and don't get mixed in between my channels through the normal course of joining and parting channels. This is supposed to make it easier for you to locate a window, not harder.

Every change takes a little time to get used to. Just look at how it will benifit you once you get used to it.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#73528 04/03/04 01:17 PM
C
OP Offline
C
yeah as i stated first,m i like it,
but for some reasons, i find the other order useful too smirk i use it for many personal purposes.

basically yes, looks like i will have to get used smirk or to downgrade wich at some point, wont be an option smirk mad

Cae

CaeSpock - DALnet
#73529 04/03/04 02:00 PM
M
Mii Offline
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
I have to agree .. IF there is to be group sorting, then query and DCC needs to be the last category, since new messages come in minimized - they have to or you'd drown.

As it is now with this new 'feature' they end up in the middle of the buttons, and they're just too easy to miss. And it can't be turned off frown

Personally, I went back to 6.12 and there I will stay until this unwanted 'forced' feature is changed.

/Micke - DALnet

#73530 04/03/04 02:23 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you want to change the order of the grouping, press ALT+WR (Window > Sort). This will allow you to place Query and DCC at the end of the order.

My only suggestion to Khaled, would be to pre-populate this Sort List with mIRC's default. This would allow users to easily manipulate the list from the factory settings.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#73531 04/03/04 03:09 PM
M
Mii Offline
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
M
Cool, there it was. Tried to find it where I disabled the sort itself, but couldn't find it. I can live with this; as long as I get the msg/query windows last ;-)

/Micke - DALnet.

Link Copied to Clipboard