mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Teazle Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
An on activate/deactivate event for dialogs would be very nice, or atleast that on active reacts when switching to/from a dialog, would be handy.

Teazle
#help.script - QuakeNet
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
It would be. smile

J
Jae Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
You mean to say this hasnt already been implemented ;p
*wakes up* WHERE AM I ?!?

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
I can just amagine it, if you switch away, it gets an event, and i can just amagine what half the writers for this event well do, they well go my dialog is most important, so switch it back to the active, Nice? no not when two others are also doing it, and mirc locks up in a retain forground fight.

T
Teazle Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
well, a blocking of "dialog -v &" would sort that, unless they use an alias, or ppl just use common sence and NOT doing that.

and also, same thing is doable with on *:ACTIVE:*:{ if ($active != #chan.window) { window -a #chan.window } }
and yet it exists. so...

Last edited by Teazle; 25/02/04 09:22 PM.

Teazle
#help.script - QuakeNet
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
people would be far more prone to forcing there dialog to the top rather than there channel, just human nature, people expect multiople channels, they well be thinking only about there own dialog

T
Teazle Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
well, that would be people that are new to scripts, those who are used to scripts KNOW that more dialogs then one is often used.

oh well, i wanna see that event, there are always pros and cons with events

Teazle
#help.script - QuakeNet
T
Teazle Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
T
I noticed some time ago that there DOES exist an on dialog active event, used as follows:

on *:DIALOG:<Dialog>:ACTIVE:0:{
if ($dialog($dname).active) { it was made active }
else { it was made inactive }
}
this feature seems to have been implemented in mIRC v6.03 or earlier, but did not start to work properly before mIRC v6.1x.
It is neither in the /help file, which is the biggest reason to why this has not been discovered. I bid people to be careful using this though, as a /dialog -v <a-dialog> would start an non-stop loop if you have two dialogs doing this, as mIRC sends out an event once a dialog is inactivated and once it is activated. Enjoy, take care now.

Teazle
#help.script - QuakeNet

Link Copied to Clipboard