mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#72652 24/02/04 12:24 PM
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
you know when you press the up arrow how it returns the last thing you typed to the editbar? well, what exactly stores that information?

is it possible to manipulate that information to return some random input from somewhere?

sry its stonedisly b.zar

#72653 24/02/04 01:28 PM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
you could use an on:input event, and store all that information as it comes to each line of a file, then use the id that returns a random line in a file... just a suggestion...

sorry that i dont know the name of that id right off :tongue:

--------------------
I may be insane, but I enjoy it!
#72654 24/02/04 10:16 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you could load it with info yourself using /EDITBOX
while also ignoring the text using ON INPUT
so the only effect is its stored in the "back input buffer" (i dont know the offical name)

A note on this, you can say anything in any window using editbox, but the "back input buffer" only works on the active window, which may mean your actions would be noticeable, may not be as well as it would happen fast.
Also you can only load one line at a time into it, so you wouild need to load the first line, allow the on input to cacth it, then load the next from that on input.

#72655 25/02/04 04:19 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Strictly speaking, it is not possible to access or manipulate the text in the back buffer of the input box.

If you are trying to hide information for privacy/paranoia reasons (ie, so another user can't simply press UP to see what you last typed), you can use [color:000099]/clear -h <window>[/color]

Use this script example to prevent access to all input box back buffers.

[color:006600]On *:INPUT:*: clear -h $active[/color]

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard