Print Thread
#71865 18/02/04 06:56 AM
K
kitalyn Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Okay, first off, i'm really bad with computers. Anyway, i have mIRC on my computer in my office and all i did was dl it and could connect fine. I recently moved into a dorm on the same campus as my office and dl'd mIRC on my laptop. And i can't connect to ANYTHING. every time i try i get the follow..

* Connecting to irc.sorcery.net (7000)
-
Local host: kit-s (130.111.255.52)
-
* [10054] Connection reset by peer
-
* Disconnected

and it keeps doing this until i hit 99 retries...can anyone help me?!

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Perhaps you need to speak to your network administrator about allowing access from your dorm?

Do you get the same problem if you use your laptop in the office?

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
K
kitalyn Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
i shouldn't have to. Lots of people use it here and i know they didn't get permission

K
kitalyn Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
someone just told me that there is virus going around the dorm netowrk that travels through the port that mIRC works on and that this is what its most likely causing my problem. Can i use a different port and if so, which one?

K
kitalyn Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
okay, so i found out that my university has blocked all ports used my mIRC because of a virus that is going around our campus. So i can't use any irc program to connect. does anyone know ANYWAY for me to get aorund this?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
We do not help with evading school/work/college/university blocks, especially in this case where they have done it for security reasons. I don't know of a way to do it though.

Short of asking an IT teacher for some help with setting it up, if they know how, I can't think of anything you can do. They may open the ports soon once they have eradicated the virus threat.

Hope you get on soon smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard