mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I have used mIRC since it first came out, so Im not just a moron. When I select text, it does not copy it. If I select text and then try to paste it, it pastes nothing. I tried control-insert (and every other copy command) while the text is selected and it wont copy.

Copy works in every other application I have. I have tried reinstalling mIRC and it doesnt help. I have a "fresh" install that acts the same way.

This is Cut and Paste from the mIRC help file:
-----
To copy text
You mark the text as usual with the mouse by pressing the left mouse-button and dragging it. The moment you release the left mouse-button, the text will be copied into the clipboard.
-----

Above is the method I have used to YEARS to copy text in Mirc and it doesnt work anymore. Please help me. I run Win XP Pro. I ran a NAV virus scan last night can came up clean. Im going to run it again just to be sure.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
what version of mIRC are you using?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Hmm, never knew it was supposed to automatically copy it whenever u let go. I always had to hold left mouse button down, drag it over the text, then hit Ctrl+C.

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Nope, Ctrl-C not required! grin

The problem is that I keep forgetting that Word for Windows doesn't work this way.... confused

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
HAha me too, not necessarily Word though grin

B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Only the COPY doesnt work. I can cut from a text document ourside mirc and paste into mirc just fine.

ANyone have any help for this?

Link Copied to Clipboard