mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
Ok, here are some things that could be added in future versions:

- something like a /wait or /pause command to make mirc wait a certain amount of time before it executes the rest of a script (it would allow a -m trigger to use milliseconds instead of secs, etc...) -> it would really help in some scripts when you have to delay the execution of commands (you have to use timers or make your own alias).

- a new switch id /did which would allow you to change the settings for an iteam (for example, you could move an icon or change the size of an editbox with only one command, etc...)
-> dialogs could become more attractive & more flexible.

- transparency support in dialogs for icon items... (something like a new *transparent* <RGB value> style definition) ... i think it's impossible, but i still hope ^^ -> people would be able to use transparent BMP/JPG/PNG files like they do with picture windows. smile

- a new command to manage, add/delete/edit entries in the channels folder... -> it's really hard to manage it from a script...

- mirc's colours support in dialog (because grey dialogs are... *cold* -_-) -> people would then be able to add colours by their mirc's number or their RGB value, allowing them to make dialogs which would look nicer smile

- anything i didn't suggest that would be cool in future releases ^^

Bye, MiSsInGnO...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The transparency isn't currently supported because mIRC doesn't support .gif's. I hope it does one day when all this stuff about a licence applying to that file type is sorted.

As for coloured dialogues, not a burning desire of mine though I woud certainly use it if it came along. If you have a black background in mIRC and open a large dialogue it does bad things to the eyes so it's not a bad suggestion.

Re: the /wait command for remote scripts. I've been reading other posts about mIRC's limitations on threading, perhaps these limitations prohibit the stalling of scripts. Every time I stuff up a loop I find this out. :tongue:

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
GIF's support: sure, it would be cool!!...
but in fact when i meant transparency i didn't mean GIFs but *transparent* BMPs (mIRC can use a colour to make a JPG/PNG/BMP become transparent in picture window, so why not in dialogs?)

/wait, loops etc...: well, you can still do your own script for that, but it consumes a lot of RAM, that can become critical sometimes, so a built-in command for that would be cool ^^

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yep, in the toolbar the colour is 255,0,255 (Flourescent pink) from memory. It's a very good idea you raised. I'd love to have this. Where it would be really handy is on icons where some grey is required as Win98 has a different colour of grey to Win2000.

O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
There's a /sleep code snippet at mircscripts.org, but due to the way mIRC handles events, it might not be possible to receive new events whilst the script is suspended (although mIRC doesn't freeze).

Link Copied to Clipboard