mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#70835 09/02/04 03:54 PM
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I like to download things and normaly dont have a problem.

however i get this error....

*** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
The transfer window ends up with
Accepting send
Connection failed
Auto get is on and ignor is disabled
/dcc ignor off is set to off aswell.

I have win xp mirc 6.12 ADSL with a router.
Is it a port forward issue?

I dont think it is i feel its bloody mirc.
The file is 1.4 gig could it be a file size issue?
I download other files from other people no problems but soon as i try to download some files it gives that stupid error.
I have tried and tried to fix this and im yet to find a any one who can help me fix this.

Any help would be great please as i would like to fix this as soon as possible.

there has to be some one out there who has had this error and fixed it somehow....

M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
1.4gb files? *sigh*

Well, the search feature of this board can be really helpful sometimes...

This thread might be of good use to you.

In peace and good thughts,
/me

Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I have tried every thing in the thread you posted and im most upset i am unable to download.

Ignor off means off .

I tried the dcc allow comand and i get this
Permission Denied- You're not an IRC operator
So that screws that out the window.
Im sure some one has to know how to fix this crap.
I see other people and have asked friends to try download from the same guy as what i was trying and they all flipping could.
i even added *.tar as the file is a tar file to folders.........
I don t know what else to try im really at my witts end with mirc.
If you have every thing set the correct why like the 2 threads i read on this it should work and it does not.
There are other people who have the same problem as me.
I don t understand why this problem has not been address.
Mirc is just not a chat program its transfer aswell for many.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Heh, no.

mIRC is a chat program, period. Unfortunately, many have decided to exploit the DCC feature for their often illegal, always boring, file transferring needs. The FServe was put in there for friends to share files in a channel easily without the tedious method of sending 3/4+ friends a picture or .wav file individually.

The DCC pending error is a file serving problem, it has nothing to do with dccallow or dcc ignore, speak to the person who owns the fserve (if indeed a person does). If you can't figure it out, quite simply go use some other method to get files other than IRC. I'm not interested in whether or not people use programs such as Kazaa etc, although I don't agree with it in most cases, it just annoys me people use IRC/mIRC.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Well said Mentality i 100% agree as i'm sure other users do.

ShadowDemon

Never argue with an idiot...they'll drag you down to their level and beat you up with experience
K
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Well im not a hacker or what not the file im trying to download is vid tape from my brothers 21s and his travels around the world.
He was over in America for it and the place hes staying has cable.
They put the Movie on there fserv so i could download it and watch how it went.

Thank you any ways.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It'd probably be a whole lot easier for you if he just used:

/dcc send your-nickname

and choose the file to send.

If it's sending one file, then there's not any need for an fserve to the best of my knowledge. If it's lots of files with one purpose, it can be compressed with a program such as WinRAR and then sent as one file.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)

I saw this while searching for something else, and thought i might as well tell you what it is.

Give up 99% of the time u see that while you are normally getting files from others, means that the xdcc bot is broken down, its trying to send it, but is doing something wrong, the most common one i have seen is the bot is giving out a LAN ip address like 192.168.0.10 which is not its internet address, you cant reach it there no mater how hard ya try.

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Its ridiculous how people like this can continue to hold their head up with all the crap that fills their heads. Check your pc friend and count how many files you have downloaded that you have not paid for. Dont judge other people who simply need help with something many have experienced many times. If you cant help dont answer, no one is innocent on MIrc,everyone is downloading from everyone and your righteousness makes me sick. Just help or dont post why antagonize where not needed. People like you are the reason newbies ask the same question over and over in these forums, maybe if you would help rather than be a <deleted by moderator> people would get answers to their questions. Sorry for the length and content but I'm sick of signing up for a forum for help and seeing others belittle rather than help. shocked
Quote:
Heh, no.

mIRC is a chat program, period. Unfortunately, many have decided to exploit the DCC feature for their often illegal, always boring, file transferring needs. The FServe was put in there for friends to share files in a channel easily without the tedious method of sending 3/4+ friends a picture or .wav file individually.

The DCC pending error is a file serving problem, it has nothing to do with dccallow or dcc ignore, speak to the person who owns the fserve (if indeed a person does). If you can't figure it out, quite simply go use some other method to get files other than IRC. I'm not interested in whether or not people use programs such as Kazaa etc, although I don't agree with it in most cases, it just annoys me people use IRC/mIRC.

Regards,

Last edited by ParaBrat; 02/03/04 05:57 AM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
There is absolutely no need to be rude and indulge in name calling simply because you disagree with someone or with the policies of these forums. Disagree all you want, but do it with common courtesy please.

Nothing that Mentality said was untrue, he explained it was an fserv issue, the intent of mIRC's fserv (in response to "Mirc is just not a chat program its transfer aswell for many" )
and suggested a way for the original poster to get the file from his bro. I have no idea why you feel that was unhelpful, belittling or antagonistic.

From http://www.mirc.com/khaled/faq.html :
Question: Why does mIRC have file-sharing capabilities?
Answer: IRC is about communication. Both chat and file-sharing are a normal part of communication, and always have been. IRC has been around since 1988, long before the mass file-sharing systems that we see today came into existence.
Although mIRC has a file-server, it is simple and crude, and was designed years ago for basic personal use, to allow individuals to share files with friends, family, and colleagues, and is nothing like the sophisticated and dedicated file-sharing systems in existence today, which are specifically designed to facilitate the sharing of files on a mass scale.

"no one is innocent on MIrc,everyone is downloading from everyone "
um, wrong. However, no one is judging, our policy is to not help with "illegal" filesharing and to try to educate ppl about the dangers of mass filesharing/accepting files from strangers. We also spend a lot of time helping ppl clean their puters of infections they get from that and clicking on every url they see. Doesnt take very long to see a connection and realize ppl may not be aware of it.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Its ridiculous how people like this can continue to hold their head up with all the crap that fills their heads.

I would suggest that most who regularly contribute to this (or any like forum) come from countries whose parliaments have passed copyright/intellectual property protection laws at some stage or another, therefore what was mentioned isn't crap but the law, generally speaking, and should be common knowledge.

Check your pc friend and count how many files you have downloaded that you have not paid for.

It's probably true in most cases that people have installed either one or more than one piece of dodgy software. On that note I am certainly no angel, well, wasn't until I realised that doing-so meant i didn't have a very good computer. These days I buy everything I want at Grace Bros or David Jones or some other department store - knowing that I have the best possible solution and I don't have to look over my shoulder incase a few black cars full of coppers roll up with a search warrant. I am unsure if countries other than Australia have this but here we have a thing called an Anton Pillars order which can be issued by a district court under Common Law which allows a copyright owner to search another person's premises for pirated goods. It's just something that I don't really need at the moment so every single last byte on my machine is either paid for or has the appropriate licence. You should do the same thing.

Dont judge other people who simply need help with something many have experienced many times.

People shouldn't be experiencing it. That is the whole point of the reply given by Mentality, and then Parabrat. If someone was to give the poster a favourable answer then they are breaking the law as much as the poster wants to. It's not a matter of someone here judging another person. Part of helping people is giving guidance and providing education. Therefore if an activity is wrong it is the right thing to do to correct that person.

If you cant help dont answer, no one is innocent on MIrc,everyone is downloading from everyone and your righteousness makes me sick.

What makes me violently ill is the fact that a chat/community environment is being abused to the point where the original purpose of it accounts for around 10% of total usage. It's just plainly wrong to use IRC or mIRC to share wares with - fullstop.

People like you are the reason newbies ask the same question over and over in these forums, maybe if you would help rather than be a <blank> people would get answers to their questions.

Not all newbies are interested in aquiring illegal software. If people would listen then the question would not get repeated so much. If you want a software or a song, get off your khyber and buy it. grin

Sorry for the length and content but I'm sick of signing up for a forum for help and seeing others belittle rather than help.

You didn't sign up to ask for help as this post is the only one you have made to-date. No matter what way I look at it, Mentality and Parabrat are correct in every way even if they were just speaking in a general context and not necessarily in response to what kind of file the poster was looking for.

Link Copied to Clipboard