mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
pt1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Hello all, need a little assistance with something. I now have Verizon DSL and I'm using a Linksys Router. I'm having problems connecting to the chat servers and wondered if anyone could give me heads up on what exactly I have to do in order for everything to work. I've read different sites that have different ways of doing this. I'm familiar the routers setup page, so I'm not afraid of that, just need to know what to do.

Thanks
Patrick

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i know you said "chat" servers, but do you mean you are having probs connecting to an IRC network by its servers, or with connecting to a fileserver to get files sent to you? What error do you see? Exactly what happens?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
pt1 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
P
Having problems connecting to the servers to just chat. I have a rule.....I don't accept files from anyone nor do I send anything. If I can't get it through e-mail, then I won't get it unless I can download it from a site.

I set up the indent in the Forwarding part of the Router Settings page. 113-113. But for some reason I just cannot get it working right. I've heard so many different people tell me different things I should do. I guess I need to put other entries into the Port Forwarding section, but I'm not sure which ones.

Patrick

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
glad to hear you are smart enuf to not download from strangers smile

as for setting up identd, of course be sure you have it enabled in mIRC's options, connect/identd
also, this thread may help you.
altho its about dcc, there are some links for general router/dsl help and linksys in
this thread

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard