Print Thread
#69871 31/01/04 06:57 PM
T
TXSin Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
I've been offline for awhile and now I am back. The only thing I am sore about is, when i try to hookup with my fave. server NO IDENT RESPONSE is what i get.... Can somebody HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! frown

How doI FIX????

Last edited by TXSin; 31/01/04 07:07 PM.
#69872 31/01/04 07:20 PM
G
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
mIRC has ident if u enable it - its built in and use's port 113(i think)

to make sure its enabled click the Idented section in mirc option, if ur using mIRC 6.12 " file > select server > connected > idented > *enable ident server*

otherwise the server will look @ the email address u have used in ur Connect section.

Hope this helps.

=--i dont condone software piracy--=
#69873 01/02/04 12:51 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
There are certain factors which prevent IdentD from responding. Most commonly firewalls will stop this, and if you have Windows XP it's likely you have the XP Personal Firewall enabled without realising it. Check out these instructions to learn how to disable it. Basically, you need to make sure IdentD is on as Guyvah said, use /identd on and make sure port 113 is free.

Routers also cause issues (due to the NAT firewall), as can DSL connections. The best thing to do would be to contact your router manufacturer or ISP respectively, either by email or phone etc, or, in the case of the former, read any manuals that came with it.

DALnet's Exploits team wrote a useful Ident FAQ which you may like to browse.

You can also try running a Search for "ident" or "identd" for more results. Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard