mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Marxist Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
* Connect retry #37 irc.galaxynet.org (7000)
-
-irc.galaxynet.org- *** Looking up your hostname
-
-irc.galaxynet.org- *** Found your hostname (cached)
-
-irc.galaxynet.org- *** Checking for ident server
-
-irc.galaxynet.org- *** No identification response
-
Ping? Pong!
-
poison drone.
-
Closing Link: ChemCam[cm95.sigma204.maxonline.com.sg] by Xersion.US.GalaxyNet.Org (K-lined)
-

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you have problems with individual networks, you must search their websites for info as they almost always have a solution, or advice, to your problem. We mainly help with the mIRC IRC client, and have no power to be able to remove Klines from networks.

I suggest you go to GalaxyNet's Contact page and email net-com as they deal with network issues.

I would also suggest that you check your computer for viruses or trojans given that "poison drone" comment. You can try Trendmicro's free online virus scan or download a FREE trojan scanner such as SwatIT or The Cleaner. Also, AVG is a good scanner.

Perhaps you'd like to read this page and this page for further info.

G'luck! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try changing your Email and Real Name fields slightly, and correct your IDENTd issue.

It is possible your "real name" matches a pattern of a popular Drone bot. A drone is a sneaky trojan IRC client that infects a user's machine like a virus, allowing other users on IRC full control of that machine.

While this PROBABLY isn't the case for you, try what I suggested (change 'real name' and 'email' and fix IDENT issue).

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
G
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
lol, i doubt any of that will help, he's been k-lined - local ban - nothing to do with his ident or virus' his ISP - IP has been banned.

=--i dont condone software piracy--=
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I see no evidence to suggest that his entire ISP or IP block have been Klined, it's quite possible it is aimed at him solely, and one of those reasons could be due to the fact that his IdentD matches that of a known virus pattern. Many networks, even big ones, have detectors which will auto-kline people matching those patterns. Alternatively, it could be because of the reason I outlined and the person is actually infected.

That said it is of course possible that it IS his ISP/IP block Klined, however, it cannot hurt to follow the advice me and Raccoon gave smile

BTW, whether you intended it or not, your comments seemed to be laughing at and/or shrugging off our advice which is not nice frown

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
You may find it easier to join one of the Galaxynet servers in Singapore. There's a handy list here on the network's website. wink

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:

Link Copied to Clipboard