mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
I was on this channel and everything just diconnected.
When I tried to reconnect it gave me this message:
* Connecting to irc.your-irc.net (6667)
-
-open.your-irc.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-open.your-irc.net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
-
-open.your-irc.net- *** You are banned from YOURnet (Your address is not allowed on this network)

Could someone please help?

G
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
Get in touch with the Admins of the network, although its a G:line and i maybe on ur whole ISP, weither or not u get a reply depends on how good the admins are.

=--i dont condone software piracy--=
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
check on their website, http://www.your-irc.net/ for contact info. i think they have a forum you can post to as well.

As Guyvah said, it may not be that you specifically did anything wrong, but someone within the same ip range did and its effecting you as well. Only the admins from that network can help you.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

-open.your-irc.net- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead

I think that the problem you have is that your HOST dont resolve.. and many networks have a k-line(ban) on IP addresses.. dont ask me why, but i tjhink that if you reboot your computer, then try connect again should solve your problem.. maybe you got new IP address from your ISP(Internet Suplyer) and thats why you was disconnected from the server.. if thats the case, then it takes som time for your ISP's DNS to resolve.. but it shouldent take more then 24 houers, if it takes longer, then you should mail your ISP and ask if they have some problems.. or maybe just surf in to there homepage, they often write down if they have problems there..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard