A
i want to reply this message anyone can help how can

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
press alt-r for script editor
then the remote tab
then view, and select the first file (might be only one)
add the following line at the start of the file.

on ^*:text:Come watch me on my webcam and chat*:*:{ msg $nick Stop your mindless begging and get a real job. | halt }

if you want to still see the message remove the "| halt"

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
in future it might be a good idea to name it a bit different, this subject was misleading before i read the post.

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's pretty useless replying to that message because it is sent by a bot. Clicking on the advertised URLor the URL in the sender's Full Name setting is not recommended either, as would any URL that is auto-advertised. The URL in this case is harmless as it is the infected users hostname.

A
Adriano Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
A
Thanks DaveC
i not want to reply to the bot, but just for say any word joke.
thanks anyway.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Quote:
The URL in this case is harmless as it is the infected users hostname.

Far from it, the bots use their own host to serve their virus to others to make them harder to shut down, do some nasty things with the http replies (such as giving seemingly innocent extensions a hostile Content-Type) and appear to be more authentic (where else would the user be hosting *their* webcam, on crappy geocities?).

Advising people not to click links that are advertised to them is a good idea, telling them a spammers/trojans own hostname is harmless is not.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm speaking from experience as I am aware of the bot's intended functionality, however this bot has never passed anything to me and I tested it on several systems. That said I already mentioned the warning. What the user then does is of his own choosing.

It's actually the case that not only does the bot not work as intended but not all of them send the message either.

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Oh in that case, carry on. Be sure to tell the many people infected by this worm/virus/yadda yadda that it is indeed harmless. (let's just ignore the fact you phrased your post as if *any* content hosted on a victims own host is harmless.).

Obviously those already infected by the worm (you know, the ones the poster of this thread is trying to control) manually infected themselves. It's not just obvious, it's the CASE!

D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
i find it best to ignore these bots and have the following:

Code:
 on *:text:*watch me on my webcam and chat*:?:/close -m $nick 

That means it will close the msg window as soon as the msg appears so you wont even see it. If you did have whois on query checked the whois info will still appear

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If that's the first message the bot sends, it's even better to use this:
Code:
ON ^*:OPEN:?:*watch me on my webcam and chat*:{ halt }

The window won't even open.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard