mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
N
today i went to packetnews.com to attaempt to dl te 1.4 crack 4 nfsu but EVERY server i connected to said network is unreachable!
...i really would like to know why!
its always worked b4 i just recently got emule plus ...would that affect mirc?
-thnx for the help
Nomad311

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC hasnt anything to do with the various networks or websites, only they can tell you why they are down. You can read info about that IRC error and find a link for more in this thread

If you suspect something you recently started using has a compatibility issue with mIRC, its best to start by contacting whoever wrote it and read any support documentation they have.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
SInce what you're attempting to download is almost certainly illegal, several possibilities leap instantly to mind:

(1) the servers are so overloaded by other people rushing to d/l cracks etc. that there just isn't enough time for them to respond to you when you try to connect

or

(2) the servers have been shut down by the law/establishment/powers-that-be or whatever for dealing (or allowing dealing) in illegal things

or

(3) the servers are being attacked by a someone with a grudge against the network management, or who just thinks that distributed denial of service attacks are fun.

Of course, it could just be that the whole network is down for maintenance (e.g. upgrading the ircd used), or that the hub has collapsed (someone tripped over the plug, perhaps wink).

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Added note:

Downloading illegal files, including cracks, can land you in serious trouble with the Police. Heavy fines and in persistent/extreme cases, jail sentences, can be issued to people with illegal files on their computers.

If you're one of those "I don't care about the law" people, then also realise that the mass/illegal file trading community is packed with viruses - many many cracks are viruses, a lot of them are covered up very well.

Also remember that IRC means Internet Relay Chat and is not there for downloading. It is for chatting. There are programs specially setup for illegal file trading, if you're absolutely adamant on breaking the law and risking your computer's 'health' then use them rather than mIRC.

Happy chatting!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I guess its need for speed underground you talking about.. "crack 4 nfsu" then i think the only way you can play it online, thats to buy the game.. and if its a file you want to DL from the net, then we on this forum cant help you. this is irc related stuff.. not about games, sorry

Last edited by sparta; 29/01/04 02:16 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard