Print Thread
#69581 28/01/04 08:39 PM
D
dbzfan Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
i cant talk in any boards because it tells me i have to identify my nick to a registered user. can someone tell me how to do it.

#69582 28/01/04 08:47 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
'Boards'? If you mean boards such as these boards, there should be some sort of Register link to register a username and then you need to login (just like here).

If you mean on an IRC network then ask in the #Help channel of that network on how to register a nickname. Try /msg nickserv help register or /nickserv help register also. You can also check out the network's website.

G'luck! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#69583 28/01/04 08:50 PM
D
dbzfan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
ok after use that line then what do i do. it says Syntax: REGISTER password email

#69584 28/01/04 09:11 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The #Help channel on that network is a more appropriate place to ask, however:

Use /nickserv register password-HERE [email]email@address[/email]

So *IF* you wanted your password to be "cookie" and your email address was something@someisp.com then you would put:

/nickserv register cookie [email]something@someisp.com[/email]

This will register the nickname that you're using, you do NOT have to specify the nickname in the command. It's likely that an email will then be sent to the email you provided for confirmation of the registration.

REMEMBER: do not use the exact example above - 'elephant' is one of the most common passwords in the world. Do NOT have your password set as 'elephant' or the word 'password' or have it as your nickname. Also, do not use that example email address use your real, working valid email address smile

DALnet has a good guide to choosing a safe password.

Further help on this issue should be asked in the #Help channel of the network you use!

G'luck! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard