mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
_
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
_
I am in process of creating some kind of encryption support for mirc, everythings goes well but one problem that seems to can not be resolved.
After receiving some crypted text with the on input event I decrypt it and echo it into the channel/query/... window and then halt the input.
This results in other scripts not being able to process the input any further.
So the question is, how would it be possible to re-insert the decrypted text into mirc so it fires an 'on input' event again?
I saw some attempts to this by patching mirc and write to the input buffer with some external dll, but that's not the way I want to go.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Don't have a clue what you're trying to do but try one of these:
a) use on text to capture encrypted text from other clients
b) combine your on input events in to a single one
c) tell us what you're trying to do and we try to help you

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
editbox -n $target %decryptedtext

(im assuming your routine can detect encrypted or decrypted text, as it well pass through your on input routine again)

_
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
_
Hmm, stop stop
all this leads the wrong way
let me try to explain it again

i receive some crypted text with the 'on text' event in for example an channel.
then i decrypt the crypted text and send a halt in the on text event, that the crypted text is not shown (as it is crypted wink )
the decrypted text is written into the channel window with the echo command.
all this is fine
BUT let's say there is another script, like something that changes the appearance of the received text... this script has no way to access the decrypted text because of:
a) the crypted text isn't available to the second script because of 'halt' in the on text (and would be useless at all, as it is crypted)
b) the decrypted text is not received by the 'on text' event but simply written into the channel window from the first script

so what is needed then? i need a way to re-insert the text after decryption into mirc so it is available in the 'on text' event for all other scripts
but as far as i know now it's not possible

_
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
_
it was some typo, it's not 'on input' but 'on text' for sure.
please read what i added to the other comment
i tried to explain it again, maybe it's easier to understand now

Thanks

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
so instead of just echoing it to your channel window you want to actually send it as text so other ppl will see it ? is this correct ? and you want to do this after you have decrypted the text and echoed it ? if so i would suggest you set the decrypted text to a %var then use /msg or /say ? along that line to send it to the channel ? if thats not what yer asking then i have no idea .

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
lol that makes alot more sence now.
I had been wondering why you had wanted to enter encypted text and then send it decrypted across a channel, but thought, well each to there own.

As far as what you want to do, I dont beleive it can be done, each ON text event handles the raw text sent by others to the channel (or at least the text after options/irc/messages stripping selections takes effect)

Link Copied to Clipboard