C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
I was joining channels, use 2 boxes
WinXP 1024 mb of RAM
Win2k 512 mb RAM
Both bit the dust before they reached 200, though the window xp box was running more programs with open windows. If the server was still in use, I'd contact my friend and have him set permissions for your host so you could try, but it's no longer up.

About the bots joining 200 channels. Well, it apparently doesn't matter how many open copies of mirc I run. As long as the total number of windows == 200, I can't open any more. This includes other programs having no relation to mIRC such as Windows Resource meter, run dialog box, registry editor etc..

The point of me broaching the idea of a version of mIRC made specifically to run bots is discuss how useful it would be to have a flexible, stable, easy to code program made to run IRC bots. It seems to me that you believe I'm just saying to take a version of mIRC and modify it. Actually, I'm talking about improviing stability (if possible), adding additional features such as simple links (this can be done using mIRC code and tcp sockets) and removing other features which may not be useful where running bots are concerned, eg. open channel windows.

I'm not demanding anything, it's just an idea that came to mind, so if you can try to look at it in a positive manner.

<]dD[Makaveli> where can i get a clanboy (08:57 pm) <]dD[Makaveli> clanbot
#69165 05/02/04 12:47 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
le topique, has died frown

#69166 06/02/04 04:41 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As do all Feature Suggestion topiques.

Your suggestion has been noted, and may or may not be implemented by he-who-must-not-be-named. Stay tuned.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#69167 15/02/04 10:51 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Just a thought, in the event that this idea is actually being thought about.

I figure since this threat is here, and I've also seen similar threads relating to this, everyone could list some simple ideas/changes/addons that they'd like to see on the mIRC bot version (if it'll ever happen). As it has been discussed several times, linux functionability isn't an option.

1. I think a simple program that launches the bot into the background as they do with eggdrops would be nice.
2. mirc.ini could be used like eggdrop.conf to specify the username for the ident server, bot's nick, and alternaive nick, bind ip, etc...
3. Optional feature to have the .exe launch remain open after the bot has been started so the user may view any errors, kicks/bans, ctcp, dcc etc... to the bot.
4. possible mysql integration in the future laugh Although, we could make mIRC aliases that manage that.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard