Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
if i open a query window and i type "test test"
no data loss

once i use /query nick "test test"
: output "test test"

same with msg command how can i prevent this from happen ing its kinda anoying if you got scripts that relay on those spaces ..

don't think its a bug but id like to turn it off how can i do this ?

Last edited by Ofloo; 24/01/04 02:54 PM.
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Not sure to understand where is the data loosed :-/
Some other examples?

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
I assume you are typing "test test______________" or similar (_ = space, this board strips concurrent spaces), and are questioning why spaces are stripped from commands but not regular input. If not, *shrug*.

mIRC strips the spaces so the $1 $2 $N parameters are properly filled in for commands. This behaviour has been discussed, ridiculed, tarred, feathered and what not many times before, you'll find a better explanation of the issue if you use the search feature.

Hope that helps. smile

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
mmm ok, got it now :P

Well, you could use the direct /privmsg command (IRC command, not mIRC), try /privmsg <nick|chan> :test test _________ where _ are spaces.

O
Ofloo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
tnx for the suggestion but its mirc that parses like every command if i where to open a querry it would work but if i would use /msg nick ... then it would replace the spaces to 1 space

same in tcl if you use set

thats why you have to split data at space then join the data back to gether i asume they jus set the string and didn't split it thats why the data loss

Last edited by Ofloo; 25/01/04 01:05 AM.
O
Ofloo Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
O
For example type "/query nick"
query window opens up now type "test <3 spaces> test"
works k

now type this "/query nick test <3spaces test"
result all 3 spaces are reduced to 1 !

this means data is lost ? to me every space is important and up to me to decide wether or not i want it reformated. see so is there a way arround this ??

this only happens when you use command /msg /query ......and so on

and not when u open an actual query window or channel so its only when you use a command ..

Last edited by Ofloo; 25/01/04 05:29 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Unfortunately, it's a mIRC limitation. It behaves just almost like you described.
My suggestion to you is to use the Search link above, enter "multiple spaces" or the like, select "All Forums" and expand the date range to the maximum, then you'll find a lot of threads and the explanation on this subject.
The next time you post something, please do that first and be sure you won't repeat a subject that was discussed before.

* cold edits his posts 24/7

Link Copied to Clipboard