mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I get this message in my status window every so often and I get disconnected. What does it mean and what causes it?

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
look at the thread above yours for an in-depth explanation on this error, in future please use the search feature

New username: hixxy
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Welcome to mIRC's msg boards. Since you are new, i'd like to point out that at the top of each area, you will see threads that are set to always be at the top (called sticky posts). They have a symbol that looks like a push pin and are set by someone with a nick in green or red, with either an "A" (admin) or an "M" (moderator) next to the nick. Those threads cover or condense information from some often discussed issues. In this case, the one tidy referred to has the subject line of the same thing your thread does, [10053] software caused connection abort. If after reading any that apply you need more info, it helps to say what you have tried, dont understand, or still need help with so ppl know where to start.

We also have a search feature. To get the best results set it to "all forums" and expand the date range, using a clear search term. For example, you would get more results using 10053 than using connection.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard