mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
B
hey,

if anyone can help me out with a question.

for some reason, in my channel #shaolinmonkz on east.gamesnet.net it keeps getting auto set to "moderated"
when i keep unchecking it.

im not sure if its my chanserv that's doing it. because it happens. in my channel. it list that a chanserv from somewhere else would set it.

well if theres a command that i can use to set my chanserv to never be put on moderated. please tell me.
or if there is a way of blocking servers or people from setting it. please tell me as well.

thanks. hope someone can help me.

www.ShaolinMonkz.com
shaolinmonkz@shaolinmonkz.com
mIRC channel #ShaolinMonkz at east.gamesnet.net

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Once you've set the channel to -m, try this: /chanserv set #channel mlock. If that doesn't work, try /chanserv help or go to one of the help channels on your network for more information.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I'm not familiar with services on that network, however this page on their website has lots of info. Go down to channel management and look at Mode and at Set/modes and enfmodes. I also see they have a forum area there which could help you better with their network specifics.

This web page also lists their help channels.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
something very strange, and similar to this has happened to me before.

what happened with me is i found out that the network had either put services that were too advanced for the network on, or they had misconfigured them.

to make a long story short, services were trying to set modes that the IRCD did not support, and defaulted to the mode m. this happened most often when chanserv tried setting mode h (helpop) for someone on the channel. for some odd reason when u send (many) ircd's a mode that they do not understand, they will assume you mean mode m, lol.

this is a bit of a long-shot, but it's a possibility. good luck smile

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
yep...could also be as simple as not being identified as founder if the channel has restrictions set to only founder can change settings.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard