mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Hi, for those of us running 2 instances of mIRC, how do we control which instance grabs irc:// type urls? I'm using one instance with Invision script because I like Invision's aesthetics and features plus I'm using another instance of mIRC with a trivia script for my channel. When I click on irc:// type links, the trivia bot instance is grabbing the urls. How do I change this behavior so that my Invision mIRC grabs the links instead? Thanks!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The irc:// link will make the most recently opened mIRC connect to the specified server/network. In other words, open the trivia mIRC first, then open the Invision script mIRC, and it should trigger with Invision. As far as I know you cannot force IE to choose a certain mIRC. By the way, I tested with this 6.12.

There have been numerous threads concerning this issue. Perhaps you'd like to run a Search - Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results.

See if this thread sheds some light.

G'luck!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
O
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
O
/ddeserver on anything-other-than-"mIRC"-will-do

This way, only the instance where the dde server is called "mIRC" will handle the irc:// links. See /help /dde for availaboe commands.

P
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
P
Thanks Mentality, that seemed to be the answer. cool

Link Copied to Clipboard