Print Thread
J
Johnsie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Greetings all,

I am curious as to whether or not I can remove the mode characters ( ! . @ % + ) from the nickname list box (within channels) and possibly alphabetize nicknames. (I would assume that by removing said characters, the nickname list box will automatically alphabetize itself.) I much prefer using colors (like "ircle" for the Apple Macintosh) to signify status over using characters. Are the mode characters basically hard-coded to the nickname list box? I've been using mIRC for a long time, but I can't seem to find anything to readily disable this feature.

Can this be done? If so, would anyone be able to offer any insight to give me an idea on where to start? I'd be most appreciative.

Also, what about making certain nicknames (i.e. IRC operators) appear in bold?

Thank you,

John

Last edited by Johnsie; 20/01/04 03:28 AM.
G
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
G
ummm... as for nicklist modes @ + % ~ etc depending on network im not sure about, why u would want this feature disabled i dont know, the nicklist nickname list is already sorted A-Z with the Exception of nicks with [ ] in which are above the A's and Nicks with | in will be right at the bottom.

as for Nickname colors in ur Nickname list for IRCOP that can be done with a simple Code some scripts already have built in.. like Peace and Protection.

Hope this helps ..

=--i dont condone software piracy--=
J
Johnsie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Hello Guyvah,

I simply wanted to remove them and impliment colors instead. I would assume that mIRC uses the /NAMES command somewhere along the way when joining a channel and imports the feedback into the nickname list. I just find it easier to read nicknames without symbols attached to them.

I'll check out those scripts and see what I can dig up for denotation of IRC operator status.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

John

Link Copied to Clipboard