#6817 16/01/03 08:52 AM
C
cash Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
hello
yesterday .. i found nice program like messenger.. this program ..u can chat local network .. so my suggest .. can u make small channel like #local network by defult channel like Status this channel only for users in localnetwork and u can privite any one and kick and this channel arlady connect to the localnetwork ..without connect to any irc server ..and make Option like switch [[connect to the localnetwork]] or see whois online in localnetwork and more....
============
another suggest but this in DCC Chat smile .. why must be connect to the any irc server then i can be send DCC Chat .. can make DCC Chat without be connect to any irc server .

EaSy Come EaSy Go~
#6818 16/01/03 06:34 PM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
if the dcc server is enabled on the user you want to chat to, you can do /dcc chat <ip>

evil is in the eye of the beholder
#6819 29/01/03 04:13 PM
A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
I think your wishes require something done by the IRC server itself, not the clients.

However, I would imagine something like this would be possible through the server with a specific channel mode.

#6820 29/01/03 04:17 PM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
You'll have to setup IRC server on your local net then. IRC is not a p2p protocol.

#6821 05/02/03 05:47 AM
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
An mIRC script could be used to create what he's talking about (with multiple people connecting to either 1 server or a multiple server arrangement could be created). With the either the multiple or single server method, each person connecting to the LAN room would just add the server(s) to a list, and away you go. Stick an "on start" in there to get the script going when mIRC starts.. And away you go.. It'd be a fairly simple script for just chatting and no channels (unless more work was put into it to create a dynamic channel structure system).

If I ever get around to creating it, would anyone want the script? (I want to create it so that the people in my channel can connect to the server in the event of a server split or if there's major server lag and multiple people are trying to speak to each other. Having 20 separate dcc windows is just not an option.)

If anybody knows of a script like this already, clue me in plz. smile

Does anyone know of a good, freeware IRC server though? I've been looking around, and I found a couple.. but they aren't compiled, and alas, I have no compiler that I know how to use.. I tried figuring out how to compile it with the Borland C/C++ dos compiler, but I was doing something wrong, and I have no idea what exactly..

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
#6822 05/02/03 10:44 AM
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
I've already created IRCd in mIRCscript.
It was buggy, and mIRC's has some limitations, like removing multiple spaces.
I got tired and deleted it... :tongue:

If you want compiled IRCd for windows i suggest wircds.net.
Or better get some *nix shell and setup a real IRCd wink

btw. 99% of IRC servers are 'freeware' (GPL), they're just Open Source, so you have to compile them yourself.

Link Copied to Clipboard