Print Thread
#66882 07/01/04 12:59 AM
C
chaelya Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
i'm having trouble playing my mp3's in channel where others can hear them.. with an earlier version of mirc, we did it all the time.. since the upgrade to 6.12 havent been able to frown i'll admit i'm not a computer genius, so any help someone can give me would be most appreciated.. thank you smile

#66883 07/01/04 02:06 AM
Z
zfr Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
Z
Can you please provide more details about the trouble you are having. Are you receiving any error messages? Are you using any scripts?

#66884 07/01/04 03:02 AM
C
chaelya Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
we have tried a number of dif scripts, but nothing seems to be working.. am thinking its perhaps both of our file names have changed and they are no longer identical, which i think if we find a player that works for both of us, it will auto change the files so they are the same.. heck, wish i knew more about it..

#66885 07/01/04 06:53 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Check in view-->options-->sounds--> requests. Do you have accept sound requests checked? Same place, under sound files, do you have the directory filled in where you keep your mp3s? While you're there, may as well check in options/sounds to see if you have enable sounds checked.

Obviously we have no way of knowing what the scripts you are using have done to the file names or how they effects mIRC. Talk to your friend and you can both look in your mp3 directory to find one that has the same name to test with. Remember that if you name a file tweedledee and your friend names it tweedle_dee then as far as your puter knows, they are two completely different files. As a side note, mIRC itself doesnt play wavs/mp3s, it sends the /sound request to windows which then sends it on, like to mediaplayer

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard