Print Thread
#66420 03/01/04 08:53 PM
_
_shaw_ Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
_
Maybe mIRC could have a command to hide it from user´s screen. So scripters could do entire applications running in mIRC using dialogs and other features like sockets.

#66421 03/01/04 09:01 PM
E
EVH Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
E
This has been discussed pretty extensively here &
here & others as well. Use the search feature to
find more threads on the subject.

Last edited by EVH; 03/01/04 09:02 PM.
#66422 04/01/04 09:29 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Mmmm... so someone could script yet another trojan using mIRC, but make it even harder for the infected user to spot? I think not...

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
#66423 04/01/04 10:17 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
*sigh* The threat already exists (and is being used i might add) with dlls. DOn't use that as an excuse. Integrated or not, it will occur.

-KingTomato
#66424 04/01/04 02:44 PM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
*sigh* Well shucks, I don't read threads on dll's because I have no interest whatsoever in using them. Unlike some people, I really don't have time to read every single thread on the board, and have no interest whatsoever, for example, in the 'developer' section..

As for "use that as an excuse" - I wasn't and I wouldn't. Perhaps for the instruction and convenience of those of us who have lives to lead, you'd care to provide a link to the ongoing discussion, then?

PastMaster
IRCnet @#beginner @#travelersinn

#66425 04/01/04 10:57 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When in my post did i mention is being previousy remarked on? Personally I think you do have all the time to read the threads, and have already taken note of such a refute in existance. Why else would you even come to the conclusion?

Secondly, you were using it as an excuse. You commented on the fact it could be used for less than pleasant things, then added "I think not...". That, to me, is a sign of you making an argument against, thus an excuse not to have such a command.

Oh, and just for the record, the past thread was in Feature Suggestions, noted by This Link

-KingTomato
#66426 05/01/04 07:12 AM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
When in my post did i mention is being previousy remarked on?

I'm sorry, I didn't understand this.

Quote:
Personally I think you do have all the time to read the threads

Calling me a liar reflects badly on you. Naturally, I tend to follow up on threads to which I have responded. This doesn't mean that I read every single new thread.

Quote:
then added "I think not...". That, to me, is a sign of you making an argument against, thus an excuse not to have such a command.

I misunderstood your meaning - I had thought you were accusing me of using the original message as an excuse to bring up an argument already going on elsewhere. My apologies.

Thank you for posting the link - "feature suggestions" is one of the areas that I glance at less often (maybe once every few days, as opposed to "development" which I look at about once every six months)

PM

#66427 06/01/04 02:29 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
(general reply): Using the DLL arguement is unfair in any feature suggestion post, as it can defeat the purpose of adding or keeping ANY features in mIRC.

Also, although DLLs may be a greater evil, this is no excuse to simply add said evil feature. You could argue that because viruses may be placed in DLLs, why don't we just put a virus in mIRC and save everyone the trouble.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard