Print Thread
M
maomao Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
i am first time used mIRC, have problem below:
I using Cable modem to connect, but nothing popup when u start mIRC? How this could happen? anything i need to setup?
Please advice, thanks!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
What do you mean "nothing pops up"?

Do you mean the options dialog? Press ALT+O to open that. Here you can set your nickname, full name, email address etc etc.

Do you mean mIRC doesn't start at all?

What happens when you try connecting to a server? (You can use /server server.name.here to connect).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
M
maomao Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
M
Actual, when start mIRC should have one popup window for chosing server right? but my one doesn't have this effect, just have one message sound confused. Another is the option(Alt + O), after press, or click on the option button no thing happen, just heard one message sound. confused
any comment, please advice.

thanks!

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This has been an issue for a small amount of people, judging from looking around the Forums, it seems as if it affects Windows 98se and Windows ME.

Make sure you cannot access the dialog through Tools > Options.

Thus far, there seems to be no 100% cure, however, there are some suggestions as to what to do which have helped people....

Only slightly edited from this thread:

"-be sure you got mIRC from an approved site at www.mirc.com

-when you install, make sure nothing else is running in the background

-its alt o (the letter o, not the number and not control o)

-do you have anything that may be resource draining running when you try to access options? (dont forget to check background processes)

-once you get to options, be sure the "popup connect dialog on startup" in tools/options/connect/options is checked

-wouldnt hurt to run a couple good virus scans just for general principles, including one of the free inline ones like at Trendmicro"

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard