Print Thread
M
MDGeist Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Hello
I have been using mIRC for a short time now and I have had only one issue, when I run Overnet in the background, mIRC keeps disconnecting me and reconnecting me every few minutes.
I thought it might be a bandwidth problem but it even occurs when downloading very little. I also suspected some type of port sharing issue.
Can you shed any light on the issue.

BTW, I can run another IRC client with out this interruption.

MDG

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I'm not familiar with Overnet, so i cant say what if anything mite be effecting it. Without knowing the disconnect error, its hard to give you any feedback. Perhaps this thread or this thread may help you

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
MDGeist Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
Yes, it is a 10053 error.
Overnet is a file sharing program that uses TCP port 4662 and UDP port 11104. I am running WinXP, and I checked through the list of the first thread you mentioned and most of those don't apply to my system.
I will try different server ports, however as I stated before another IRC program, trilian, runs without these disconnections happening.
I would love to use and purchase mIRC if these errors could be stopped.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
well, that explains why i'm not familiar with it. Note that mIRC is designed as primarily a chat client, and only intended for occasional sharing of files such as pics between friends. We dont support, help with or encourage rampant file sharing among strangers for many reasons

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
MDGeist Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
M
I AM NOT USING MIRC FOR FILE SHARING.
I know what it is for
Games.net does not accept ports other than :6667

Link Copied to Clipboard