mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
jamie7 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
This is the one feature that i keep wishing for each year - please give us a gift and let us be able to set the window titlebar for windows via a mirc command. ive been using a custom dll and timers to do this and its extremely messy and prone to errors and wasted cpu cycles. i sent this request to santa claus but he didnt make it come true, now i hope khaled will grant it.

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
what is wrong with the titlebar command?

Code:
/titlebar <message> ;this is for the main mirc window's titlebar
/titlebar <window> <message> ;this is for any custom window

Last edited by AdmWiggin; 31/12/03 05:24 PM.

--------------------
I may be insane, but I enjoy it!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
He must be refering to the windows that aren't accessible through /titlebar, such as channel windows.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
but even with that, why the timers? you dont need them... just the dll command...

--------------------
I may be insane, but I enjoy it!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
..to keep updating the titlebar info? Changing some dynamic infos. Such a common titlebar usage for many people.

* cold edits his posts 24/7
J
jamie7 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
yes im talking about channel windows, and i use a dll currently to do it - its really an imperfect solution. mirc constantly refreshes the channel window titlebars on all kinds of events, which basically means that the dll has to constantly be checking the windows titles and rewriting them whenever mirc overwrites them with its own text. this also results in flashing titlebars even if youa re willing to expend lots of cpu to constantly watch the titlebars. hell i'd settle for just an option that told mirc not to touch the titlebar of certain windows so that at least the dell wouldnt have to keep fighting mirc for who gets to set the title.

Link Copied to Clipboard