mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Over the last year or so I have noticed that a new channel mode has entered the circuit on a variety of networks:
/mode # +c keeps colours from being sent to channel, and
/mode # -c to unset this channelmode

would it be an idea to put this channel mode in the Channel Central dialog as well ? wink

Johan_NL smile

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Ever heard of this thing called search, yes SEARCH, let me spell it to you S-E-A-R-C-H, it's actually kind of handy, you can use it to FIND posts about the subjects you might be interested in, and of course you should be interested in the topic you're about to post, so you would use the search to see that this has been brought up many times in the past.

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think you're getting smug in your old age, rat smirk

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
far nicer would be to explain how to use the search feature, ie: set it to "all forums" and expand the date range, rather than making the poster feel stupid. None of us started out knowing a lot, and other ppl helped us kindly to learn.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
theRat, maybe if you would use the SEARCH thingy you would FIND yourself a bit of common sense letting you POST somewhat nicer stuff, instead of flaming ppl. That was a lame answer, I must say, and sorry: I can't be fooked to read every single post on the forum, and when using search feature I hardly ever get what I'm looking for anyway, so I gave up on that long time ago mad

Johan_NL

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
adding some more modes to the control would be nicer, but keep in mind not all networks carry c as color filtering, some use it for something entirely different, which makes adding these extras alil difficult, maybe adding a place for u to enter extra or network specific modes would be a better solution.

D3m0nnet.com
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"and sorry: I can't be fooked to read every single post on the forum"

I can completely understand why you were annoyed with the reply you got, but that comment's a little unfair on everyone who helps here. You may not be able to be bothered to use the Search feature, but that doesn't mean we can be bothered to repeat the same answers over and over again smile

As for your original post, I can again see what you're getting at but I hold the same view as D3mon_. The +c mode is not available on all networks and modes that appear in Channel Central are ones that are available on all of them. The +R mode is also becoming more popular, but still isn't supported everywhere, and would only cause confusion. The only features in the Channel Central dialog which are not supported by all networks are the Excepts/Invites list, which are in another section of the dialog, not the first window.

Just my 2 cents smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
E
EVH Offline
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
E
Quote:
modes that appear in Channel Central are ones that are available on all of them

+I & +e aren't available on all servers but the
excepts and invites lists are there. I've always
wondered why all weren't added to channel central
with the ability to scroll through them. mIRC could
check available channel modes on connect and
disable the ones in the channel central dialog that
aren't available on that network, or only add the
ones that are available.

Last edited by EVH; 03/01/04 02:22 PM.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"The only features in the Channel Central dialog which are not supported by all networks are the Excepts/Invites list, which are in another section of the dialog, not the first window."

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard