Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Code:
on 1:LOAD: {
  if !$script(script.mrc) != $true) { .load -rs $mircdir/script.mrc }
 .unload -rs scriptcheck.mrc

can somone explain why that wont work? i just added one line in this example, but in my script it sheck 17 files.. it working if i make a alias of it.. but it should work on load too.. shouldent it??

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#65608 27/12/03 11:59 PM
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
Code:

if [color:red]([/color]!$script(script.mrc) != $true) { .load -rs $mircdir/script.mrc } 
 [color:red] } [/color] 

#65609 28/12/03 12:01 AM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
the first ( dosent mather. the same problem.. but it works as an alias.. so if i have "on 1:LOAD:command" then i can trigger the script..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#65610 28/12/03 06:55 AM
A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
try this?

Code:
on *:load: { 
if (!$script(script,mrc)) { .load -rs $mircdir/script.mrc }
else {
}
}

is that what your looking for?

Need amazing web design for low price: http://www.matrixn3t.net
#65611 28/12/03 11:42 AM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Are you trying to load your script files if they are already loaded? well thats what it looks like at least.

im going to assume the following.
(1) your attempting to reload already loaded script files
(2) the ( at the start of the IF was accidently left off in your example
(3) $mircdir has no spaces in the path which would cause it to fail

your problem might be in $mircdir/script.mrc as $mircdir ends with a \ and adding a / of your own you get \\ (/ translates to \) in there but then maybe not as the files load up under this but load twice if u have previously loaded them manually, you might not get this if you loaded yours up orginally using $mircdir/filename.mrc, check out doing ECHO $script(1) up to 17 i guess, do you have a \\ in the path?

regardless i tried your code block as follows
Code:
; filename scriptcheck.mrc
  if (!$script(script.mrc) != $true) { load -rs $mircdir/script.mrc }
}

; filename script.mrc
on 1:LOAD: echo -s ONLOAD script.mrc

when doing a /load -rs scriptcheck.mrc it works fine, it loads script.mrc, and its ON LOAD triggers (after this onload completes).

I would change the code as follows as i would have thought it clearer, but your choice

Code:
; filename scriptcheck.mrc
  if ($script(script.mrc) != $null) { load -rs $mircdir $+ script.mrc }
}

I used $+ to connect $mircdir & script.mrc even tho i could have used $mircdirScript.mrc as it allows them to be joined, I just dont do it, i think its bad practice to differ your code using the ODD identifier that takes extentions, i would rather have everything following one format.

PS: one odd thing i found while doing this is $script(script.mrc) returns a path\filename combo even if the script.mrc file doesnt exist let alone just not loaded, it must be some odd thing mirc does, using anyother filename i tried returns $null unless its loaded, ie $script(scripts.mrc)

#65612 28/12/03 02:13 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
What i trying to do, thats a sheck, and if 1 of my remote files missing, then i want it loaded again.. and the file i was unloading is the one that sheck my other files.. it's only used at startup, then i dont need it loaded any more

#65613 28/12/03 02:51 PM
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
well if thats the case then
Code:

if (!$script(script.mrc) != $true) { .load -rs $mircdir/script.mrc }
}

isnt going to work you needed it to be == not !=, better yet, make it ($script(script.mrc) == $null) { .load etc etc

Only problem is as i said with $script(script.mrc) comes up with a false loaded even if the file doesnt exist

Link Copied to Clipboard