Print Thread
#6558 14/01/03 11:43 PM
T
tryfe Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
T
Oftentimes, after mIRC has been open for a little bit, it seems to stay on top of other applications and I have no idea why it would do this. All options to stay on top and whatnot are disabled; yet at times, it does just that. I can't get to whatever I have behind mIRC unless I minimize the window or double-click on a channel to bring up the Channel Mode dialog box. I've had this problem in the current and the past couple of releases of mIRC.
I've searched for past forum posts on this subject and it turned up zilch so forgive me if this has been addressed before but it's really annoying me and I'd like to get the problem solved.

#6559 15/01/03 01:49 AM
J
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
J
Hold down your Alt and space keys together. This opens the main mirc window control menu. Uncheck the On Top item.
Nothing would turn that back on, other than a user click or installing a new mirc.ini file which had that option on.

#6560 15/01/03 02:14 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
woah ..... u know suddenly out of the blue ..... ive selected no options and today my mirc started hangin on top of all other apps ..... i thought i had possibly hit a button while sleeping at the keyboard but um maybe im not the only one this happened too ...... anyhow i went in and unchecked the ON TOP option ...... mind u i had done this when i set it up ,,,,, altho could be just a coincidence and my sleep typing again LoL

D3m0nnet.com
#6561 15/01/03 02:14 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
Nothing would turn that back on, other than a user click or installing a new mirc.ini file which had that option on.

A script could also be the cause (/showmirc -o).

#6562 15/01/03 02:15 AM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes i always make things up .... ur right i did intentionally open options click it in my sleep and not notice it sorry for the post

D3m0nnet.com
#6563 15/01/03 06:50 AM
G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
i can vouch to this one.

it has only happened to me twice, but i am *very* precise with my actions in mirc. knowing good and well i did not click always on top, i toggled the feature several times to see if it would affect it... no go. i made the script i'm using, so i know for a fact that it isnt the script doing it.

to make a long story short, the only thing that i could do in order to keep mirc from stealing the top window was to reboot. i think it may have something to do with an installer program i used while mirc was open though... however, i can not be too sure.

Link Copied to Clipboard