mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
no matter where i tell it to write or anything it can't find global.txt...even using /write -c global.txt (to create the file) it can't write it..guessing its a common name or somethin..dunno

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It works fine for me. Are you sure you don't have a read only file called global.txt? Has it ever worked?

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Check your c:\, if there is a file titled "program", with no extension, open it with notepad and you may find that it's the file you're looking for.

When writing to the file, surround the filename in quotes (") just to make sure that you're writing to the right place. Unless the file is placed in the mIRC folder, than /write <filename> should work without problems.

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
that's the thing...there was no global.txt and i was just using /write -c global.txt (for some reason../write global.txt won't create files for me...but write -c will) and it still couldn't write it. and there is no "c:\program" file because mirc isn't in the program files folder...its c:\nx2kii (also...i had a friend of mine try it just out of curiosity..and he got the same thing i did and he's using a different script)

Link Copied to Clipboard