mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#65113 24/12/03 08:27 AM
A
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
can anyone help me out here - im an avid MIRC for WINDOWS user for YEARS.....I recently moved out to california, and it seems everyone uses MAC here, well, for the time being im stuck with one, its a nice one, but im not a MAC'er. My question is - are there any irc progs that are like mirc for MAC? - ive found a few that are TERRIBLE, no user lists, no options etc....just terrible...

Please Help! shocked

#65114 24/12/03 02:20 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I too am forced to use an iMac at weekends, and I use IRCle which is the most popular Macintosh IRC client. That client, I find, is always progressing and the most recent version contained a nick completor much like mIRC's.

Alternatively, if you're willing to spend a little bit more money, you can buy Virtual PC for Mac which allows you to run various Windows programs, mIRC should be one of those. You might just want to put up with mIRC for awhile if you're only stuck with a Mac for a temporary period.

You probably already know this, but there are no future plans to make mIRC for other operating systems including Mac.

Hope your move has been a good one, and makes for some good chatting smile Here's hoping Santa gets you a PC for the 25th *G*

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#65115 25/12/03 12:08 PM
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
I use vertual PC with mIRC on my ibook, i tryed many mac irc clients for mac, dont like them. mIRC the only way to go.

I would beyond happy if they made a mIRC for mac grin

#65116 25/12/03 12:30 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Yep, mIRC is by far the best IRC client in many people's opinions smile - I do think however, IRCle and Klient (Windows) are very good clients, especially IRCle given Mac's capabilities on MacOS's prior to OS X.

Glad you're enjoying mIRC!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard