mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#65030 23/12/03 08:45 PM
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
hello i accidentally flooded a channel and got disconnected from irc.
now i cannot get onto gamesnet west. it says that i have excess flood and it dosconnects me before i even connect??? HELP confused

#65031 23/12/03 08:57 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
We have no control over networks setting bans (often referred to as Klines, Glines or AKills). A Kline is a ban from a server, a Gline is a ban from the entire network in GamesNET's case. They may ban you for whatever reason they like under any circumstances. Unfortunately for you, we don't all use GamesNET either so we do not all know what circumstances that ban may arise. Fortunately for you however, I have done a little research on GamesNET's website and found a few things which might help you smile

It should tell you in the ban message whether or not you're Glined or Klined.To check if you're Glined on GamesNET click here. If you're Klined read this. If you think you are Glined but the page before did not detect it, then post here.

All this said, I'm sure GamesNET recognise that it is possible people paste too many lines, so I doubt that ban from GamesNET is likely to last more than 1/2 hours.

Hope you get back soon smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#65032 24/12/03 07:30 AM
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hey, well thank you for looking into it for me cool...good news is that im not banned... the bad news is that i dont know how long it will take before my excess flood runs out...ive talked to the gamesNET guys and they really arent sure...

-thanks!

#65033 24/12/03 02:36 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Ah, in that case, we can do nothing more but wait - Sorry you couldn't get your problem sorted out, I hope that it's over very soon smile - You are of course very welcome for the little help I could provide.

Have a good one!

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#65034 26/12/03 04:55 AM
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
guess what...yesterday i got back on gamesnet, but then i restarted my computer and i got the same excess flood thing again lol mad why would i be able to do that????

#65035 26/12/03 10:06 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Just a guess, but maybe you were never unbanned. If you have a dynamic IP address (likely), your IP will change each time you connect to the internet. The time you got back on your IP may have fallen outside the scope of the ban. Rebooting your computer, of course, causes you to reconnect to the internet and get a new IP. This time it will fall within the scope of the ban and you're not allowed on.

It surprises me that a network should ban for a simple excess flood case, most (or at least all I've been on) just disconnect you and you can reconnect immediately. Maybe another chat with the net admins.

Something else that maybe be affecting you is "Send Queue Exceeded" error. Some scripts, on joining a channel, send a command requesting host details about every nick in the channel. In large channels on some servers the amount of data this command generates causes the send queue error and you will be disconnected. If this is the case trying connecting with a plain mIRC.

A further possibility is that you are infected with a spam trojan that attempts to send spam messages to everyone in the channel when you join, this would cause repeated excess flood errors. I refer you to google and Mentality's posts to find out how to get rid of these. smile

John.

Link Copied to Clipboard