mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#64905 22/12/03 08:02 PM
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
OK, in 6.12 ive seem to have come accross a lot of stuff.

*One thing is it still wants to load minimized when its not set to at times, but only at times.
*Another is that my pms were wanting to show up in channel rather than in pm boxes until i open them manually. Now ive got it to come up in a "Messages" window with a icon with text like stuff on the left and a ? mark on the right. All my pms want to go there now together til i hunt their name down in a channel and open one up manually then they get moved to their. A major pain!
*on 6.12 the | movers on toolbars such as the button and channel trays are always visible. frown This also causes a problem for skinning them as the button images dont show up propperly aligned with the button areas. Yes i know the new version has a dif position for buttons, but the images show up being cut off even when repositioned correctly.
*Also any chance of future feature of having an image background in the userlist on channel windows? even possible icons for things such as ops/voice/hops and custom things?

well theres proubly more that ive forgotten but this will do for now smile confused

#64906 22/12/03 08:18 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"*One thing is it still wants to load minimized when its not set to at times, but only at times."

Try and reproduce this and check out what's going on with your computer when it does do it. Make sure you haven't got this option checked. When you find out, report it the Bug Reports board.

"*Another is that my pms were wanting to show up in channel rather than in pm boxes until i open them manually. Now ive got it to come up in a "Messages" window with a icon with text like stuff on the left and a ? mark on the right. All my pms want to go there now together til i hunt their name down in a channel and open one up manually then they get moved to their. A major pain!"

Make sure you haven't got 'Queries' to show in active - ALT+O > IRC. Otherwise, I guess you have a script loaded which is causing this, I don't think it's mIRC itself. Type /remote off and then get someone to message you (or open another client and message yourself) and see if it still opens in a separate window.

"*on 6.12 the | movers on toolbars such as the button and channel trays are always visible. This also causes a problem for skinning them as the button images dont show up propperly aligned with the button areas. Yes i know the new version has a dif position for buttons, but the images show up being cut off even when repositioned correctly."

The "grips" on the toolbars have been moaned about endlessly. There are very likely ways you can still make skins for mIRC, try asking on the Scripts & Popups board. Also use the Search feature and see if it has already been answered.

"*Also any chance of future feature of having an image background in the userlist on channel windows? even possible icons for things such as ops/voice/hops and custom things?"

Khaled never let's us know what new features will be, or are likely to be, included in the next version of mIRC. We have no idea whether or not it will be included. He is a believer however, that mIRC is not just *his* client and does think others should have some sort of say as to what is included in it, so, feel free to post your suggestion on the Feature Suggestions board. It would be a REALLY good idea if you read this post first though.

Happy chatting smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#64907 22/12/03 08:29 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can vouch for the first 'bug'. I have the option unchecked, and every load of mirc it loads minimized. Before i typed in te reg info, the about box would also pop up.

-KingTomato
#64908 23/12/03 10:24 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Your problem with private messages (queries) wanting to show up in channels rather than in pm boxes until you open them manually and now appearing in a "Messages" window strongly suggests you have enabled both the "Use single message window" and the "Show in active: Queries" options in the File/Options/IRC/ dialog. Please disable both of them and see your problem fixed smile
Note how an open private message window overrules both of these options, gathering all incoming messages together, pretty consistent with the behaviour you describe.

Still interested in all those other things you've come accross, best wishes,

Link Copied to Clipboard