mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Jaillyn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Okay, I installed Korean Text Support to work with a game that was having problems because I didn't have Korean supported on my computer.

Now, this made mIRC a little.. difficult to handle.

It began interpreting ctrl+k as a Korean letter. Although I did not find any errors in using that ctrl+k as a command, if I opened a topic up, it would show a special character instead of the little thing you ususally see for color, underline, bold coding, etc etc, in mIRC.

Now, when I edited the topic, it showed those characters, but somehow didnt count them. Like when I add a letter, it would add it two spaces behind where it showed my cursor. Of course, I uninstalled the Korean support immediately.

Now I have a problem. Korean support is gone, but the error remains. What do I do?

I am using Windows 2000 and mIRC 6.12

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Check your code page setting, or perhaps try changing font to see if the problem affects all fonts or just some.

PastMaster

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
E
eek Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
E
i have the same issue actually..

hmm... before i have the problem with the channel and query text box and with all my log files and mIRC built-in script editor...

i try playing around with [Control Panel] [Regional and Language Options] and i change the setting of the [Language] and [Advance] tabs... the issue disappeared at the Log Files and Script Editor... However I still have the issue on the Channel and Query Text Box...

right now, am still trying to find out on how to fix the problem with the text box... btw if u ever fix the problem, please keep me post on the BB... thx...

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
You're probably using an encoding that isn't compatible with ASCII then. Remember, even if it's a 2 byte character set, the encoding has to be 1 byte!!!

Until mIRC implements UTF-8, try to use the CP949 encoding for Korean text, or ask a Korean user what they use.

J
Jaillyn Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
The thing is, I turned off the Korean setting and it's still there. I don't know why.

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
SURRENDER YOUR COMPUTER TO THE DEAR LEADER!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard