mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
I have been scripting something in mirc 6.03 which i need a multiple file select open whatever (no i havent switched to the 6.1x thing yet and I know that $msfile is availble in 6.1x). In this script I am creating I had to make my own OPEN dialog for selecting multiple files and it has users of my script wondering if there was an easier way as scripting a way tends to be very limited. I came across reading about these dlls that "could" select multiple files and return it using the $dll or /dll stuff. I downloaded these (apparently only) 2 dlls and one is 4kb and works eh ok (one by a soul eater thats called fileselect.dll). The only problem is it doesnt return the multiple selected files unless you use the old way in this dll. The second dll by Edialogs was a very good dll, but it was over 400kb, which is to big for just a simple openfilename type dll. I checked the source code for the fileselect.dll and its just a few lines. the other isnt that much either yet its larger. anyways im babbling on.

Is there a multi file select dll which is under or around 10kb that works out there?

When looking at ths source code for fileselect.dll it seems that all that is needed is a way to replace the quotes into soemthing that could be read by mirc. The author of the fileselect.dll states that if someone uses the new method in it they have to manually remove the quotes so that it works. Who's going to sit there and do that? heh.

Anywho just wondering if anyone ever found a working under 10kb multifile select dll out there.
thanks.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Your requirement that the file must be under 10k is a pointless one. You find a file that does what you want, then you have to accept it's size.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
S
Thanks for such a positive post. Your right the quest for just the right means to do anything is pointless. Lets just admit that everything we do in life is pointless. There got that out of the way. Um, I'll just make a dll to my needs then.
As for the point of the topic, the fileselect.dll is 4kb and all its missing is a few lines to get the return multi select job done. The edialogs.dll one is 450kb and i found out why. Seems theres a difference in a debug version of dlls and programs vs a release version, which both work but one is smaller. While looking through the code for fileselect.dll i recompiled the source code in debug format. And it was about 150kb, but recompiled in release format came down to 4kb. Now if edialogs.dll is 450kb and its in debug format. Imagine how much smaller it would be if it was compiled in release format?

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)

Link Copied to Clipboard