mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
hi, may be this isnt the right way or may be im misusing the opprtunity but i couldnt find any other way to ask for help or tell everyone of wat is happening around. i tried to ask help from many pple but couldnt find any way. there is a channel on mIRC (on the network DALnet) as #inshallah. some of the pple r trying to make fun of my religion there. i dont knw how to tell the admin abt it thats y using the post. im really sorry if im using it in a wrong way.if someone may help then pls do something abt it....

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I think we may have discussed this recently, perhaps with someone else.

There are few (if any) local or international laws enforced on IRC, and none that would apply to the types of things people are allowed to speak about. A channel is at the complete mercy of its operators and their tyranny, and may permit or deny -any- discussion at their sole discression.

If a channel operator is racist, expect hate speech to be tolerated. If a channel operator holds different values than you, expect your values to be mocked and ignored. There is not a thing you can do about it, except hope that another channel operator (of THAT channel) defends your views. They likely don't, so just /part that channel.

If you are on DALnet or a similar network where channels are owned, you might try finding the FOUNDER of that channel, usually by typing /chanserv INFO #the_channel or /msg ChanServ INFO #the_channel. Once you have the founder's name, type /memoserv SEND The_Founder Your_complaint. or /msg MemoServ SEND The_Founder Your_complaint. Assuming you have a valid complaint, the founder of the channel might decide to do something about it... but probably wont.

Again, IRC is an unmoderated and self regulated world. Some people are jerks, and they will get away with it. Just stick to your beliefs and move along.

One tip is to keep your beliefs to yourself... nobody likes a missionary.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
As long as the people in that channel arent violating DALnet's AUP (Acceptable Use Policy) which you can read here there really isnt anything an admin can do to help you. Channels and the ppl in them have the right to their opinions, and if anyone finds them offensive they can leave and if need be put the person on ignore. Its no different than in the "real world", there are some ppl you wouldnt want to associate with, so you stay away from where they are. Luckily there are lots of channels that have nice people where you could be comfortable

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard