Print Thread
#64384 18/12/03 02:54 AM
H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
the help file says this:

You can process non-numeric server messages by specifying the name of the event:

raw PROP:*mirc*:/echo 5 $1-

---

i do //debug @debug to find the raw event i want to get... i find it, it's this:

<- :Kamel!~kamel@AwesomeUser-205DBA5E.irtnoh.adelphia.net JOIN :#chatroom

(if you are wondering, this is a command sent by the server which forces you to join #chatroom)

i do this:

raw JOIN:*:echo @catcher $1-

it doesn't do crap

i'm completely lost, is this a bug in mirc, or am i missing something here? thanks a lot for your consideration.

"The only foolish question is that which is not ask by a fool"
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
do you have a @catcher window to send it to and you will probaly need to halt it

Code:

raw JOIN:*:echo @catcher $1- | halt

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
The raw event won't be triggered by IRC messages that trigger events already supported. Fex, the JOIN message will trigger the on JOIN event only, not both on JOIN and raw.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
yes, i've made the window

H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
well, this isn't for on join events though, this isn't even the join alias... it is from when a server forces you to join a channel.

i guess the syntax is the same, but with the exception that when i join a channel, it sends the raw event from me to the server, but when the server forces me to join a channel, it sends me the raw event. mirc does have a command for it though apparently, because it cooperates and opens the appropriate channel window.

my objective is to make it immediately part the channel that the server tries to force you to join. i don't know if it's possible, but i certainly dont see why you can have 2 ping replies, but only have one reply to a raw server event.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
you can't tell the difference between joining a channel yourself or a forced join by the server unless you rewrite the /join command to save the channel name and unset it after you have joined.

then when you join a channel which name hasn't been saved it's save to say it's a forced join so you ON JOIN /part it...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
well cant you just halt it first then do what you want next ?
Code:

raw JOIN:*:haltdef | echo @catcher $1- 

T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
T
No. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard