mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BoredNL Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
B
The script I created was to add multiple levels to a hash table. The problem is that I want to offer the greatest range of allowable characters for the input with the least amount of overhead.

Right now I have it use $chr(160) to replace the spaces. This was just temporary to get the script working. I'm thinking that I'll change it to actually replace the spaces with two control codes. (maybe even use three)

I'm curious as to what methods you guys use though and what you've found to work best though.

Also, does anyone know if there is a maximum length a hash item can have? The help file doesn't mention if there is one.

And lastly, because problems can arise from a line that is being parsed being too long, does anyone know of any ways around that should that problem present itself? (it's if the line being processed is 500 characters large, right? If not, what's the number?)

Thank you for your time. smile

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
If your using hash tables, you can handle multiple spaces by using &binvars and /hadd -b

Again on binvars, the recent change to allow binvars to be any length (limited only by your systems resources) means you can /hadd -b and $hget(<table>,<item>,<binvar>) binary strings of any length.

Code:
//bset &amp;test $calc(100*1024*1024) 0 | echo -a $bvar(&amp;test,0) | hadd -smb test test &amp;test | echo -a $hget(test,test,&amp;test)

Of course, parsing/displaying those strings is another matter wink

E
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
E
i was wondering the same
but i need it too echo to a custom window (@window)

Link Copied to Clipboard