mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#63592 10/12/03 05:33 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
anyways.. the closing of that post was not warranted.

i am not trying to get a rile out of anyone.. im legitimately trying to start a discussion about this... that is my right in the GENERAL discussions correct?

anyway, suppose i didnt go to an illegal site to get a serial. u dont even need a crack program.. especially for mirc. since all serials work on ALL copies of mirc. whats illegal about someone sharing their serial? whose to say it would be stupid to use that serial instead of saying no thanx. i mean. if someone said dont push the red button.. what do u think 99% of the people faced with this would do? yes you've guessed it... they would PUSH the red button.

and yes the intention of this post IS to argue the point... no reason to shut this down.. *stares*

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#63593 10/12/03 06:18 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"anyways.. the closing of that post was not warranted."

As racoon pointed out, you're known to cause trouble on these forums. It is predictable the thread was going to get out of hand and and YOU know it. It was perfectly legitimate.

"i am not trying to get a rile out of anyone.. im legitimately trying to start a discussion about this... that is my right in the GENERAL discussions correct?"

Too many people are aware of their rights but not their responsibilities. And no, you have no rights here, you are ALLOWED to use this board as a priviledge. It is owned and run by Khaled and the mIRC team (that includes the board moderators). Oh, and the fact that in your other thread you actually mentioned you were going to start a 'tedious argument' it is evident that you did want to 'get a rile'.

"anyway, suppose i didnt go to an illegal site to get a serial. u dont even need a crack program.. especially for mirc. since all serials work on ALL copies of mirc. whats illegal about someone sharing their serial? whose to say it would be stupid to use that serial instead of saying no thanx. i mean. if someone said dont push the red button.. what do u think 99% of the people faced with this would do? yes you've guessed it... they would PUSH the red button."

Why don't you just drop it, really? mIRC is shareware. Shareware means you're allowed to use the said program for a small amount of time (99% of the time 30 days, as in the case of mIRC) and then you are required to pay for it. With money. Legally. Khaled simply does not make mIRC 'crippleware' (meaning you can't use it after 30 days) simply because of his understanding nature (or so I've heard). Those of us who aren't lame however, realise that there will always be idiots who abuse other people's good nature. We see it everyday when helpers give up their spare time and volunteer to help others, and then get abused (floods/insults/packeting etc). Simply pay for it. It's not a hard concept to understand, even for you, surely?

"and yes the intention of this post IS to argue the point... no reason to shut this down.. *stares*"

if the moderators do close it, refer to my first paragraph for the likely reason.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#63594 10/12/03 07:28 PM
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
how did i know u would reply to this? oh thats right.. ur english anyways.. if u READ my last thread i said it would probably start an argument which is NOT what i wanted to do.. what is it with you people and not having a CIVILISED argument instead of just bringing others down to make yourself seem as some self righteous hero? no where in here did i mention anything about shareware on this thread... and i had paid for mirc and still use the same serial.. but who is to say that if ugiven a serial by a friend or someone that u wouldnt use it. and i understand that the use of the board is a priviledge not a right.. but as a registered user u have rights.. much like registering mirc. as a member of the forum i have the right to start a thread about a GENERAL topic on a GENERAL discussion board.

i am not an evil person mentality.. i own a network and a webhosting business and am also an netadmin on one of the australian networks and i have also pushed fopr implementation of many rules... i DO follow the rules i do have morals.. im not as messed up as everybody thinks... its just people are afraid to talk about something in a civilised way and it sickens me... much like it tires you to help people on certain subjects like u did a couple threads down.. concerning dcc... i talked to the guy and it was legit.... so if you would just stop insulting others including me and just stick with the discussion at hand. i have told you before that if your reply has really nothing to do with the post.. why even waste your time? its lame and childish.. now if your not old enough to respect that or me as a person... just bugger off already

addition.. as for me causing trouble... i lay down a legit post.. its not my problem if it goes out of control after that.. its others who cant contain themselves smirk

Last edited by NightCrawler8283; 10/12/03 07:31 PM.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#63595 10/12/03 09:16 PM
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
Threads aren't closed on a whim. Usually people understand that when a thread gets closed, it is because the content is unacceptable for this forum.

This topic is unacceptable, and there is no room for debate... the license you agree to by using mIRC is simple.

Do not start any more threads on this subject.

-chris

Link Copied to Clipboard