Print Thread
#6344 13/01/03 08:20 AM
V
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
V
HIya
This is my first post ... LOL we will see if i can do it :-)
I use to use mirc but went to pirch ... I know the P word LOL
But I want to use mirc again and i like doing popups with color and useing symbols... but when i used mirc I can't see the symbols in the popups?? Is there something that I can do to see them??
ty tina
confused

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Exactly which symbols are you trying to see that you cannot see now? Which font are you using in your editor and channel/query windows?

It might have something to do with the font you're using in your mIRC Editor.
  1. Go into your popup editor (Alt-P)
  2. On the menu bar
    File
    Font...
  3. Select the font and attributes you wish to use while editing mIRC scripts.
  4. Click the OK button to save your changes and return to the editor.
I prefer FixedSys 9 because everything lines up nicely, but that might not be a good choice for you if you cannot see some of the symbols that FixedSys doesn't show except as little black boxes.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
V
OP Offline
V
hummm ok I will try that ty .... the symbols that i see on pirch were like hearts spades ect... in the colored popups??
ty
tina crazy

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC doesn't come with coloured popups in the default settings. You either have to make them yourself or use a script.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
V
OP Offline
V
this is what i see on mirc ©f© `valen-tina Don'T Let ThE DooR HiT YoU In Da (_ ! _) LOL ©f© but with pirch i see
hearts not boxes ????????????

G
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
G
it's simply the font you are using.

change it to something, i reccomend verdana. my favorite non-fixed font. if you must have a fixed font (often the case with me...) then i suggest either lucida console, or fixedsys.

good luck wink

btw... certain characters are seen for colors in mirc, and are automatically purged in order to provide for colors. if you happen to be using any of these "special" characters, they may totally disappear because of it.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
If you take a heart from Character Map on Lucida console and paste it into mIRC then it won't show up (even if you are using the lucida console font). It will show up in the edit box, but when you press enter it will show "[07:25:37] <Collective> ?" in the channel, and when you press up to get the previous line typed it has replaced the heart with a beautiful "?". It seems to just be the way mIRC works, unfortunately.

Link Copied to Clipboard