mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
J077 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
J
if you open irc:// then it should first ask, which instance of mirc to use or smth, instead of redirecting the request to the first mIRC window found ;/

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why do you have multiple instances open? mIRC has multiple-server support. Additionally, it goes to the last installed mirc, as that is the last mIRC to set the registry item wiht its path.

-KingTomato
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
im guessing that he uses one for his 'Bot' smirk correct me if i am wrong though PLEASE!

--------------------
I may be insane, but I enjoy it!
F
Babel fish
Babel fish
F
I think It would be good if it had the option to connect to the server without getting disconnected from the network you are Connected in the moment, just like /server -m <server> so you woudnt need to disconnect from the current network

-------------------------------
Felpipe@Gmail.com
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Options > IRC > Catcher > "Confirm requests" <- pops up a dialog that asks whether to 'change to the new server' or 'open a new connection'.

I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
"it goes to the last installed mirc"
The last opened copy, (unless a different copy is running and the last opened one is not).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The last-opened, last-installed mirc is the one that gets the dde call, yes. Sorry if I was unclear.

-KingTomato
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
Running different scripts on different mIRC's is not all that uncommon. Using mIRC as a bot would be one of these situations, and also a very legitamate use of the software as well.. (as long as it isn't being used as a spam bot, as it would be just wrong to degrade your mIRC for that purpose, heh)

I agree with him that it should ask which one to load it on. I don't use IRC:// links because of this problem. I think it could handle the links more comprehensively so they will actually be more useful. At the very least, if there could be some broader option(s) to set with mIRC so that it will coordinate with other instances, such as an option for which mIRC should handle IRC:// links, it would be a definate plus.

I don't think this would be a 'terribly' difficult thing for Khaled to add either, so.. why not? (After all is said and done though, it is Khaled who has to do it, and it is his decision). And remember.. Just because you don't run multiple instances of mIRC doesn't mean many many others don't. smile

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]

Link Copied to Clipboard