mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
Hi
can you integrate a gnucleus into mirc ?

filetransfer then for mirc works with sending Magnet links posted into the chat window for every wanted transfer.

The user then decides, if he wants to download from ONE private source or get a quick download with SWARMING from other peers from the gnucleus.

This means every file sent through mirc should be hashed with SAH1 and Tigertree. Because you normally have a folder where you store the files you sent, mirc should hash this folder for SHA1 and magnet links.

Thanks !

Last edited by ParaBrat; 12/01/04 02:04 AM.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
u wanna file trade use gnucleus then do not use mirc for it. how many times do u need to be told the same thing?

Last edited by ParaBrat; 07/12/03 12:08 AM.

D3m0nnet.com
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
WHy is it a hard concept to grasp?

mIRC is designed to be a Chat Medium, not file transfer, not down loading, not even playing music. The added features are luxuries not requirements. If you want file sharing, you a client specifically designed for it. mIRC is not responsible for allowing you to have every added bonus of pirating music/software at your fingertips.

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
It really isnt necessary to keep repeating this kind of request. Khaled is an intelligent man, with a good memory. I'm quite sure he remembers all your other posts on the subject. Considering the frequency with which you post those links, i may start to wonder if your intent is to spam rather than suggest a feature.

mIRC is designed for use as a chat client. It isnt gnutella. It doesnt wanna be gnutella. It is quite happy being mIRC.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
just want to improove the way transfers work.
why not swarmin ?
This has nothing to do with the identity of mirc.
there is no identity crisisof a gnucleus if a magnet uri hashing is added

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Dude, will you ingrates stop using stupid pop culture words like 'swarm' just becaue it sounds cool, when you have no idea what it even means.

IRC is NOT a Peer-To-Peer File Trading Mechanism
mIRC is NOT a Peer-To-Peer File Trading Client

This "swarming" technology you speak of, takes a very large file and breaks it into segments that dozens of peers collect and swap like smaller files. Ths type of distrobution is knowin as packages and has been used on USENET and IRC for decades, and mIRC has always been capable of downloading these files.

mIRC is not going to simplify it any more than that. To do so, mIRC would have to invent a protocol that actively seeks for these file parts. To do so, users on IRC interested in CHATTING only would be flooded with these useless requests. This quite simply will not happen my son.

NOW. Stop asking stupid questions and stop using mIRC.

mIRC has the most powerful scripting language known to mankind.
Invent your own freeking swarming protocol.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
E
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
E
mirc = internet relay chat client.
thanks

G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
> Ths type of distrobution is knowin as packages and has been used on USENET and IRC for decades, and mIRC has always been capable of downloading these files.
>

Mirc is used for filetrading ?
So it is a filesharing client as well ?

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
no mIRC is used for filetrading but most members here (myself included) frown upon illegal filetrading. To send files to and from friends you dont need a complex p2p style system. The only reason for adding such abilities would be to swap music/games/movies/software etc.. wich is illegal. If there were another purpose (that cant already be done with standard dcc) then perhaps it would hold merit but in this case no.

Have Fun smile
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
*sigh* i refer you to http://www.mirc.com/khaled/faq.html and suggest you scroll down and read Khaled's replies to questions regarding distributing copyright/illegal material and why mIRC has file sharing capabilities for basic personal use between friends and family

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
M
Man Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
MSN Messenger can share files, in a simerlar way mIRC can, does THAT make MSN Messenger a file sharing client??
Do we need to put gnutella crap into it so you can download things easier??

NO

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
haha, if you want to use gnutella, then make ur own script to do it smirk

or, just use BearShare or another gnutella client.

dude, u dumb? gnucleus supports irc connections, so quit complaining.

Last edited by AdmWiggin; 17/12/03 12:15 AM.

--------------------
I may be insane, but I enjoy it!

Link Copied to Clipboard