mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
jiska Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
For some reason after i've been connected for 5-10 minutes, MIRC disconnects and gives the following reason:

[10053] Software caused connection abort

This is really annoying as it aborts all of my downloads - any ideas?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
dude seriously.. there is a post just above yours. mad

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
J
jiska Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
-disable winxp's firewall

Already done

-dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000

Already done

-dont use "speed patches" that supposedly increase your download speed. (note some of them effect your registry, use speed patch as your search term)

I dont!

-update your router drivers/firmware. (some have said they needed to use something other than the ones supplied by the manufacturer)

Done that last night!

-connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here)

Tried that!

-limit how many networks or other apps you are running

Mirc is the only thing running

-some have the prob not while dcc sending, but when idle for long periods of time. try creating a channel and using a timer to make a post every so often.

I have a timer running as we speak.

-changing NIC card

Tried 3 of them.

-uninstall MSN IM

Don't have it installed

-check for patches for everything from windows to the equipment you have.

Automatically updated two days ago

Any ideas?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
The post referred to condenses what several ppl reported worked for them. Some things work for some ppl, others report nothing helps.

That post also doesnt go into all the other factors that could be involved, like bad cables/phone lines/modem or some other software causing it. You said you only have mIRC running at the time, does it only happen when you have dccs open? One possibility to consider is that some isps are employing what they call "interference techniques" to stop bandwidth hogging.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
jiska Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
There is nothing wrong with my connection. I just ditched Mirc and have been using ViRC for the past 4 1/2 hours without a hitch, must be bad programming in Mirc i'd say.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

[Sarcasm]
bad programming ... wonder if the dozen or so people using it with no problems are aware of that?
[/Sarcasm]

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
heh, its funny.. never had the problem that i can recall. so how is it bad programming?... its not, your system, along with everyone elses is just screwed

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net

Link Copied to Clipboard