mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
-There is an option that causes xp to reboot on an error. Go to system properties (right click on My Computer on the desktop) click on the advanced tab, where you will find startup & recovery info, click on the settings button for it and in the new box that opens uncheck automatically reset. You should then be able to see what error msg you get.

-if you are using a fileserving addon, have you checked to see if it still crashes when not using it? As in with a clean copy of mIRC without that script or by disabling it.

-some speed patches/booster things are known to cause BSOD

-your provider could be using interference techniques or have limits on what you can send

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
I've tried it with plain mIRC also...
I don't have the auto-restart feature enabled either, hehe.

It just simply locks my computer up nice and tight after I get out about 5 sends and/or gets.

I also don't have any information regarding this issue logged in Event Viewer...so nothing useful there. heh

Thanks for the advice though, was worth a try. :tongue:

Oh yeah...I could also send/receive perfectly on this same machine yesterday...I just rebuilt it with XP Pro and SP1 last night, and now these problems, so I don't think it's the ISP.

Last edited by jghomie; 21/12/03 08:25 AM.
R
Rob7713 Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
Another update, for what it's worth. I made it to 2 weeks and 1 day of uptime before having to restart mIRC/UPP now that I have VS .Net off my system, but then I had it crash again within hours due to this same old cannot read memory error. Still, that's certainly an improvement for me over having it crash once a day. smile It would be nice if we could see a patch in the near future to fix this bug though. frown

Life is short; don't sweat the small stuff!
G
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
G
Has there been any progress made on this issue?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard