mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
Hi
magnet uri links are the new standard, you can read more about it at www.bitzi.com
Why are swarmed downloads in mirc not possibe ?
Please add the new gnucdna 1.0.0.0 from www.gnucleus.com to mirc to have a swarming method of file transfer of magnet uri links which are posted in the chat window.
Each chatroom could create a database of shared media.
The magnet uri link could easily swamed from that file-database of all users in a chatroom.
just one click of the file of the chatroom filelist and you get the magnet uri link and can swarm from the mirc user or swarm with gnucleus.users.
So please add more community features like the shared common list of media in each mirc channel.

Thanks

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
As said a kazillion times before, mIRC is not a filesharing program. It is not intended as such, even though it can be done. I seriously doubt support will ever be added for anything that would make mIRC a better filesharing program. There's other ;programs for that. mIRC is for chatting (hence the C), not filesharing.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
G
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
G
mirc is for filetrading, not filesharing.
but what is the difference ?

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
I remember asking someone once why a certain IRC-client couldn't have an interface like an IM client instead of the regular notify list. Although most people on the channel I was in simply didn't understand, the people that did understand simply seemed not to want it.

IRC could probably be used for a million things, and I'm sure you could easily find an open-source IRC client and rebuild it yourself. However, authors of IRC clients in general are not gonna want to add bizarre features like swarming downloads to a client which was actually not built for P2P at all.

So the moral of the story here is you're gonna have to do it yourself, and please please make it open-source, because program monopolies are never any fun. Perhaps instead of Gnutella, you coul try building a BitTorrent client/tracker into an IRC client and see if that works? If you're not worried about anonymity, that is.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
mIRC is not for filetrading or filesharing. Simply because it has the basic capabilities to send files doesn't mean that it's a fullblown filesharing application and should try and replicate other filesharing programs.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
mIRC is not for filetrading either. it is NOT meant to be used primarily for file transfers. read the FAQ

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius

Link Copied to Clipboard