mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#61713 25/11/03 01:01 AM
B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
1) It would be a good idea if it were possible to select text from the IRC chat window and copy it to the clipboard, for later insertion in the chat bar. For example if one could copy and paste the trigger phrase for an IRC server that has a file that one wants, that would be good. And if one could copy and paste the filename of a file one wants to download that would be good.

2) It would be nice to be able to limit the number of windows which come up in response to @search xxxx
I entered ' @search elf ' and a huge number of windows came up which choked the resources of the old PC I am using. Five or ten windows would have been plenty. But I can't figure out how to limit them to only 5.

Thanks. Great software -- keep up the good work

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
1) Just select the text and let go and it is copied to clipboard.

B
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Thanks (sheepish grin) I am used to old style of ctl-insert to copy and shift-insert to paste. Tght there had to be a way to copy.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As for limiting windows, I can only assume your in a filesharing channel with bots serving illegal files. There are two solutions.. Don't use the command, or buy the programs you want. If there is a legitimate reason why you are typing @find blah, then please fill me in. I can almost guarantee, however, that your reason is not one other than illegal downloading.

-KingTomato
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
All of that "legal/moral" stuff having been said, try Options > IRC .. check "use single message window"

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Regardless of how you use it I think a limit on the number of queries that can be (remotely?) opened would be great. mIRC could lessen the effect of drones and flood bots (on clients) by implementing such features without the need for scripts. "Allow a maximum of <N> query windows" and "Send other queries to the single message window" would be nice additions to the options menu.

A scripted solution:

Code:
on *:open:?:{ if ($query(0) &gt;= 25) { dqwindow on } }

would turn on the single message window when you have 25 or more open query windows (you *can* open more on your own accord, this will simply stop messages from users opening a new window). When you have things under control (ie when you've stopped being a arrrrh me hardie pirate :P) you can put things back to 'normal' with /dqwindow off

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
You can also highlight text with Ctrl held and then when you let go of the mouse button, you also copied all the color codes rather than just the text... just in case you want to do that. smile

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Just because he/she is using a file share service, it doesn't automatically mean we have to "assume" its for illegal purposes. As you are aware, some people do use it for legitimate purposes.

That said, the sad part is, that we can all safely assume that it is indeed for illegal purposes.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
N
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
N
it seems whenever I read a post that has anything to do with filesharing, there's at least one person suggesting that this person is engaging in illegal activity... talking like they themselves are superior and above this... but are there even 10 people who read these forums that have NEVER illegally downloaded copyrighted material? (if you reply and say you haven't, I will likely consider you a liar)

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
It isnt a matter of anyone considering themselves superior, its that this forum has a policy of not helping with illegal filesharing. It isnt a judgement, its a policy we have a right to make for all the reasons specified in numerous places, including a sticky post.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard