S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
mIRC 6.12
Copy this into the remotes panel:
on 1:CHAT:*:close -c $nick
Then open another mIRC, connect to te same server an (important) JOIN THE SAME CHANNEL of the other mIRC.
DCC chat the first with the second one and mIRC goes in crash with this error when you tipe someting in that DCC chat window:
MIRC Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module MIRC.EXE in 0177:0042cbe4.
NOTE that the bug doesn't appear if you ar NOT in the same channel with both mIRCs, and the close -c $nick works if you use it in the on 1:OPEN:=: event.

Cheers,
sazeMaster

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
dcc chat needs to use =$nick

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I'm sorry for you, but I report what the mIRC help say about it:

The equal sign in =$nick is required to send the reply as a dcc chat message. If no equal sign is used, the message is sent as a private irc server message.

Then the =$nick is only to refer a nick in a dcc chat window, only to msg commands purpose.

Instead the mIRC help, about close command says:
/close [-icfgms@] [nick1] ... [nickN]
Closes all windows of the specified type and the specified nicknames. If no nicknames are given, all windows of the specified type are closed. The type of window is denoted by c for chat, f for fserve, g for get, i for inactive dcc windows, m for message (query), s for send, and @ for custom windows.

You can specify the Nth window for -cfgs by appending a number, eg. /close -s4 nick, would close the 4th open dcc send to nick.

You can also use a wildcard as the window name and all matching windows will be closed.

As you can see no =$nick is mentioned.

Please, read the help files before you post things like that, thanks smile

H
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
H
Instead of fix every bug, wouldn't be better that instead of put an expiration to the program, thoughts to obtain stabler versions?
This is a critic at the expiration system and not to the bug that instead I could accept...

HeX_it

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Expiration? If you are referring to the fact that mIRC is shareware, it has been for many years, but doesnt expire. Please read this thread

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Seems related to the fserve problems since mIRC 6.12 (see other threads here). Also a 'close -c $nick' bug was evoked before.

One explication may be that it is no longer safe to close chat windows in the related remote events (the fserve script I use does close chats either in onCHAT and onCLOSE events and crashes randomly when accessed).

Just thoughts to try to show the extent of the problem.

PS: Whatever, it's not a good idea to begin a new shareware/expiration war here. There are other topics for that.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
- connect to a server
- open dcc chat with yourself
- type //echo -a $active
- check the nice "=Doqnach" which identifies the window \o/

so you might want to test your theory after reading the help file, and only THEN say people that they are wrong and they should read the help file...

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hahaha, yes, I know that, infact I've said that if you want to refer a MSG to a DCC CHAT window you have to use the equal before the nick (read carefully), but you continue to not read the mIRC help file and my posts....
Have you ever tryed to close a DCC CHAT window with /close -c =nick ? Uh? No eh? LOL! Uhmm..and maybe you are asking yoursef "why with the equal it doesn't work?!?" haha..

Please stop here couse I'm busy and I've not time to spend with these things. Try my code and read the help file. STOP

Tnx and, bye bye laugh

Z
zin Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Z
ok well anyway..

I had the bug myself (posted about it - it's on page 3) and some genius child came up with using /window -c =$nick

works a charm.

btw whenever anyone triggered /close -c $nick from my ON CHAT quiz it would crash.. even a clean install and only an ON CHAT remote would make it crash.

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
The bottom line on all of this is that mIRC has a bug that causes it to crash because it doesn't check memory and causes a page fault! So how about fixing the bug in mIRC? See my post from today for documentation. mad

Life is short; don't sweat the small stuff!
R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R
Quote:
Have you ever tryed to close a DCC CHAT window with /close -c =nick ?

There's a little misunderstanding here. It is not "/close -c =$nick" but "/window -c =$nick" (-c means 'close' not 'chat' in this case, hence the need of '=').
And it really works. You can even create an alias for /close with it to intercept the evil /close -c grin

BUT the "/close -c $nick" should not crash. It's a bug. It has to be fixed.

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Thanks for the trick RinK wink

Link Copied to Clipboard