Print Thread
P
Pomax Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
P
Two suggestions:

1 - syntax highlighting in the internal script editor.
2 - getting rid of the whitespace dependencies; Using a simple syntax stack for parentheses, brackets and position within a script would solve the whole need for whitepacing things like 'if', 'while' and {} blocks "properly".

An additional suggestion which is just blatantly a feature rather than something that is (imo) functionally desired, is a scriptstack window. Something like the remote section, only with a pulldown menu of all scripts currently loaded, so that they can be edited and reloaded from within mIRC's editor. This would of course only really be functional if syntax highlighting would be implemented, otherwise you're just looking at pages and pages of uniformly coloured code.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
the mIRC editor has the ability to switch between scripts: when active, click the View menu...

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This would bee my ideal editor: >:P

>:D

-KingTomato
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
i must say that i like your idea very much

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
smile all that text and 0kb
i like that idea!:)

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I made it in C#, and just played with the appearance.. Not an actual file, just the main outlook of it. You will also notice the ehading of the file is "modes" byt the destination and filename are said to be "script1.mrc". Should be modes from the Bot Commands>>Channel Tree node >:D

-KingTomato
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I LIKE that! This way we have our whole list of remote files EASILY viewable on the left while not taking too much from the editor itself (even when I was using 600*800 on a 14.9 view monitor I had the editor almost the hole screen it could have supported it). Hey Khaled, if you were looking for a way to implement this, here's one idea/way/option/possibility you could think over smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I was even entertaining the idea of adding checkboxes next to each scripttso that while it is loaded, it might not be executed. Just kinda a cool idea i think.

-KingTomato
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
How about mEditor ?
Also look very nice..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
well they were talking about just fixing up the in-mirc script editor i belive

http://MTec89Net.com
irc.freenode.net #MTec89Net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Indeed, internal editors are better in so many ways. Both easier to get (comes with mirc itslef), as well as no need to edit a file, reload it, edit again, reload, etc. Additionally, most likely less memory intensive.

-KingTomato
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
there's also the idea of listing all script related files in the new editor (specified in an option somewhere of WHERE to look for script files) with a checkbox so we can simply load it that way.

KingTomato: Also, here's something to think about...... can it be done in such a way that if you click on the REMOTES tab a "sub-tab system" comes up that has all of our files loaded? Like if not having the file lsit on the left, a bunch of tabs titled by filename? Am I making any sence?? If so, is it possible to do without getting ugly?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I understand you, but y? That's like a script that shows you the room count on jins are parts, when it's already in the titlebar. A tree view is there for a visual of what is and isn't laoded. And as var as switchign between files, just click on a tree item, or so the idea would go.

-KingTomato
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Ok, a miscommunication on my part. Thinking back to yesterday, the thought made no sence - strike it from the record smile

Link Copied to Clipboard