T
(sh)it happens

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Blame it on Windows, it's the one playing the files, not mIRC.

R
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
R
You guys think you're a very helpful gang, huh? If you have nothing to say, just don't post such crap.

I just updated my mIRC and a minute before the update, I heard an mp3 with /splay. Since the update, the files are played completeley scattered.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mIRC doesnt have an mp3 player, it doesnt play the mp3s, it just sends the command to windows, which then kicks it to media player, try checking your codecs.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
yes this is true mirc does not handle the playing of any sound types, it is passed directly to the windows media codecs, altho there has been several instances of windows media player playing a sound file fine and then trying to pass it with mirc it fails or even is corrupted, ive run several of my own tests to see what i could figure out, as this was a long posted topic and brought up several times in the past. What ive found is it has to be something to do with how mirc passes the command, and it not recognizing the correct media drivers. in some cases as parabrat stated a driver update resolves the issue, but not always. this is one of those issues that there really isnt a completely 100% sure solution on the user end. I have no clue exactly how khaled passes the command or where its passed to, But my thoughts are he uses some sort of internal dll that tries to call to windows to find its defualt codec, and when it doesnt find the one used for your setup at the time it tries to play with the generic driver. again this is just best guess, as i dont know khaleds method. He has posted on this one other time in the forums awhile back and i think hes tested it himself. Maybe Posting your system information sound card and such would also give him a way to test this alil more thoroughly.

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
The only time i had a problem with playing an mp3 was a good while back when i accidently upgraded my mediaplayer. I dont even remember what the version of mIRC was at the time, but i found that if i refused to allow mp access to the web, the sound was horrible with some. Seems that if you dont allow mp to access the web, it tweaks itself in some way, but i dont recall the details, and that discussion was on the old boards. Perhaps after more coffee crazy

Some have said that the AC3 codec that comes with Nemo codecs pack causes a similar problem.

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
that could be the case as well, im unsure if mirc passes the sound playin to windows so that it has webaccess, ive never once seen my computer ask for web acces for any mp3 i play in a chatroom. yet your write it does ask while trying to play thru WMP. I guess kaybe this is more of a windows media handling problem the more i test it, and not a mirc problem.

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
oops, i should have clarified, its zone alarm that asked me if i wanted to allow mp access to the web. i read an article someplace about the time mp started that nonsense that explained what exactly it changes if you wont allow it web access, but i'll have to dig about to see if i can find it. Altho for the original user, its most likely codec related i think

N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
mirc uses MCI to play files. MCI handles locating wich drivers to play wich file. You specify the subsystem type such as MPEGVideo (wich plays mpeg audio like mp3 as well). If you dont specify a subsystem then MCI chooses one for you based on the registery settings (scan the registery for MPEGVideo youll find the keys).

Media player however uses DirectShow a directX component to play its files. Both MCI and DirectShow uses whatever codec is on the taget machine (what other way could it play it?). I have also noticed only on higher bitrate files does mirc actually fail to play them. This is a fault in MCI not mIRC. If anyone is interested in testing it try playing a file that failed in mirc using mci.dll and see what results you get. $dll will most likely yield an error value that you can look up.

Have Fun smile

Link Copied to Clipboard